Melvin Gordon wants to return...

Mojibwe

Unless he can stay healthy and accept a lesser role I don't want Melvin Gordon back. I'll root for him wherever he goes as I always liked his attitude and he seems like good guy but it's time to move on.

The late 2010s Chargers are over with and hopefully the 2020s can be better. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mojibwe said:

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp-chargers/nfl/chargers/news/chargers-melvin-gordon-free-agent-wants-to-return-2020

This couldn’t have turned out worse for him. He should have accepted the $10 mil a year they were offering. He’d be lucky to get $8 a year now IMO

After a down year that saw Melvin return to being soft, and turnover prone I would hope the Chargers wouldn’t offer much for a platoon player. Melvin does not have bell Cow ability and his finest asset, receiving out of the backfield, may be superfluous without Rivers. 

If I’m paying a RB, it’s Ekeler. I think he’s more dynamic and explosive in the pass game.  I feel like what Melvin offers, we can replace with a draft pick or free agent. Nothing personal, I like Melvin, I just don’t think he’s a special back like McCaffrey, Barkley, Zelda etc