What is your favorite game your team played that nobody else will remember?

Bolts223

December 6th, 2009

The 11-0 New Orleans Saints were playing at FedEx Field against the 2-9 Washington Redskins. 

Saints looked awful this game and were trailing by a touchdown just before halftime when Drew Brees threw an interception to Redskins safety Kareem Moore. During the interception return, Saints WR Robert Meachem stripped the ball from FS K Moore and recovered the fumble. Then he housed it. 

Meachem scored another TD with just over a minute to play in the 4th quarter, which sent the game to OT where the Saints were able to seal the victory.

The Saints advance to 12-0.

Links: Full Game Highlights, Meachem's Fumble, and Box Score

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200912060was.htm

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1

Maybe 1996 week 8 Bengals at 49ers. The 49ers were 4-2 coming off a rough loss at Green Bay on MNF. The Bengals were 1-5. Steve Young started the game, but had a groin pull and was relieved for backup Elvis Grbac. The 49ers offense sputtered for a while, and they got into a 21-0 hole. Grbac started to rally the team with a TD, but then got hurt himself. Young came back in, and accounted for 3 more TDs, including a gimpy run in the 4th to ice the win 28-21. Terrell Owens had his first career TD catch in that game. 

Edited by PapaShogun

52 minutes ago, theJ said:

The Chad Johnson guaranteed win game against the Chiefs back in 03. 

Or, if that one is too famous, the Bengals/Packers game in 05. The Bengals picked off Brett Favre 5 times for the W. 

And the dude ran on the field and took the ball away from Favre when they were driving. Slowed their momentum. He will forever be a hero in my eyes. 

• Like 1

The Jaguars molesting the Steelers in the playoffs (2006?). The David Garrard era. 

I’m a Browns fan, but watching the bully (PIT) get bullied by the Jaguars always gave me a chub. Plus I am a closeted Jaguars fan thanks to my unhealthy obsession with Fred Taylor.

The Browns most memorable win? That weird field goal against the Ravens when Phil Dawson made it, but didn’t, but then it was reviewed that he made it AFTER both teams had went to the locker room. 

21 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

The Jaguars molesting the Steelers in the playoffs (2006?). The David Garrard era. 

I’m a Browns fan, but watching the bully (PIT) get bullied by the Jaguars always gave me a chub. Plus I am a closeted Jaguars fan thanks to my unhealthy obsession with Fred Taylor.

The Browns most memorable win? That weird field goal against the Ravens when Phil Dawson made it, but didn’t, but then it was reviewed that he made it AFTER both teams had went to the locker room. 

Kick was wild lol

• Like 1