NCAA investigating one-time transfer without 1 year sitting out

buno67

7 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I think in the beginning you will see a lot of movement.  However, the end result may be what we are seeing now, and even less, because with free movement I think players will ultimately settle a little bit more.  

There will always be some grad transfers who move around chasing a deep run, or wanting to go to a specific coach to groom them for the draft, but a free movement system would really force coaches to be up front with players more instead of the risk of losing them and causing turnover in the program.  That has a net negative in the end.  Also, players will be more wary of transferring because they don't want to lose their spot, or waste their free chance to transfer early.  

Yeah exactly. It might be chaotic at first but it would settle down after a couple of years

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, NateDawg said:

The less power and control the NCAA has, the better. The current selective system is a sham. Guys like Luke Ford getting their waivers denied last year.

Agreed. Luke Ford and Brock Hoffman get absolutely shafted, while Tate Martell gets a waiver because.. well I can't figure it out except he's a prominent name.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Agreed. Luke Ford and Brock Hoffman get absolutely shafted, while Tate Martell gets a waiver because.. well I can't figure it out except he's a prominent name.

Tate getting immediate eligibility was due to the person who recruited him, Urban, left the college which grants the transfer the ability to play immediately as I understand it.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Tate getting immediate eligibility was due to the person who recruited him, Urban, left the college which grants the transfer the ability to play immediately as I understand it.

So did Brock if I understand correctly. Still didn’t work. (Even if this wasn’t the driving factor)

53 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

So did Brock if I understand correctly. Still didn’t work. (Even if this wasn’t the driving factor)

I didn't understand his story so I couldn't comment on it. I feel it's stated in the rules that if the person who recruited you leaves the program, you can transfer and have immediate eligibility. I'll have to look into his situation and see why he wouldn't be granted that if that was his reason for transferring.

EDIT: First thing I Googled:

"Hoffman transferred to Virginia Tech from Coastal Carolina and sought a waiver for immediate eligibility. It wasn't because he had lost a position battle, it wasn't because of a coaching change....."

If his coach did leave and he didn't cite that for his primary reason for transferring, that's on him for not taking advantage of the rule. I understand and 100000000000% sympathize for his main reason for transferring but I'm not the NCAA so my opinion is garbage here lol

Edited by JTagg7754
  • Like 2

On 2/19/2020 at 3:32 PM, mse326 said:

Remember guys they are only investigating this. I expect this to be a VERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY long investigation

The NCAA as a whole is investigating it now. Conferences like the big10, have already done so. Might happen sooner because the conferences are already ahead of the NCAA

32 minutes ago, buno67 said:

The NCAA as a whole is investigating it now. Conferences like the big10, have already done so. Might happen sooner because the conferences are already ahead of the NCAA

Nope. Because if they say they are done investigating they will have to make a decision. As long as they are "still investigating" they can pretend the care and are doing something without actually doing something. It won't take long by necessity, but desire.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
52 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

On 2/21/2020 at 10:07 PM, mse326 said:

Nope. Because if they say they are done investigating they will have to make a decision. As long as they are "still investigating" they can pretend the care and are doing something without actually doing something. It won't take long by necessity, but desire.

• Like 2