Packerraymond Mock Off-season V2

Packerraymond

20 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

I don’t think the Deebo comp is accurate at all. Deebo ran way better routes and was a semi  polished wr coming out. Shenault is more Cordalle Patterson at this point (super high upside playmaker, but concerning route running). I like Shenault but I do think year 1-2 he’s mostly a gimmick player.

Shenault has the skillset of Percy Harvin with the added plus of downfield ball skills that Harvin lacked, all with the body type of Alshon Jeffrey. That's not a common occurrence.

Patterson had 1 season of college football and Shenault is on #3. I think he's much more polished coming out.

35 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Shenault has the skillset of Percy Harvin with the added plus of downfield ball skills that Harvin lacked, all with the body type of Alshon Jeffrey. That's not a common occurrence.

Patterson had 1 season of college football and Shenault is on #3. I think he's much more polished coming out.

Not sure I'm gonna go that far. Percy Harvin was unreal. 

1 hour ago, pacman5252 said:

I don’t think the Deebo comp is accurate at all. Deebo ran way better routes and was a semi  polished wr coming out. Shenault is more Cordalle Patterson at this point (super high upside playmaker, but concerning route running). I like Shenault but I do think year 1-2 he’s mostly a gimmick player.

I was moreso referring to their injury histories coming out. I do think they have similar body types as well. I could see Shenault doing a lot of the jet sweep stuff that we see Deebo do. 

1 hour ago, Golfman said:

I've seen a few mocks here with Raekown Davis being mocked to us. He's got a very high bust factor IMO. Not sure I'd be wanting to take that risk. 

He's got like the lowest bust factor in the draft. The anchor, length, and lateral movement skills will always keep him employed. He might not be a star, but if you made me put a hundred dollars down on anybody in this class being in the league in 2027, Davis might be it. 

15 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He's got like the lowest bust factor in the draft. The anchor, length, and lateral movement skills will always keep him employed. He might not be a star, but if you made me put a hundred dollars down on anybody in this class being in the league in 2027, Davis might be it. 

He's Albert Haynesworthesque. All of those physical traits, no heart. He hasn't played well since 2017. Eighteen tackles and 1/2 sack but, but, but those measurables. Give me a break! 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4040965/raekwon-davis

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Agreed.  He's as as safe a prospect as you can evaluate.  He's employable because of his skillset.

1 hour ago, Golfman said:

He's Albert Haynesworthesque. All of those physical traits, no heart. He hasn't played well since 2017. Eighteen tackles and 1/2 sack but, but, but those measurables. Give me a break! 

Albert Haynesworth had 4 good NFL seasons and 2 downright elite NFL seasons. Your problem with that in round 2 would be what?? We might not even get 1 good season out of Josh Jackson and we got none out of Jones.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Golfman said:

Everybody at Alabama likes him, he's not Haynesworth. Same thing people said about Gary, which maybe Gary isn't the best but that critique isn't one I would really buy. Wouldn't be surprised if we jumped at drafting him at 30. 

On 2/1/2020 at 5:01 PM, HighCalebR said:

Ebron is sketchy, idk where else you really put it though if Gute feels like Mont/Keke are going to turn things on next year.. personally would go DB but I'd be with it.

I have completely written off Adams.  IMO, if we get anything out of him now, it is a bonus.  Adams is relegated to the bench because he has never been able to outplay Lancaster, and Keke was getting PT over him by the end of the season as well.  If Adams doesn't make the team, it is only a 190k cap hit too.  He is doing the Robert Ferguson shuffle.  Great in the offseason, then disappears when it is really go time.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Albert Haynesworth had 4 good NFL seasons and 2 downright elite NFL seasons. Your problem with that in round 2 would be what?? We might not even get 1 good season out of Josh Jackson and we got none out of Jones.

If he can contribute to the DL more than those 2 jags ... do it.  Just can't waste more 2nd round picks on nobodies.

23 hours ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Thanks for the work! Best one I've read so far. The only changes I would make would be to drop Anderson and Ebron and use the cap savings to sign a top IDL. Then draft another WR in round two or three. I'm OK rolling with Sternberger, Lewis, and Tonyan at TE. 

I'm on this exact page. WR draft class is super deep and DL is weak. Free agency is deep in DL and not so much for WR. We're looking for an immediate starter to go next to Kenny not depth. I think most fans agree Lazard is #3 and we need a #2. I'm okay with going into the season with Lazard as #2 and a 1st or 2nd round WR developing during the year. 

As for TE, if Sternberger busts then that is one ugly TE group with an offense that features TEs. We dont need to break the bank for Hooper or Hunter but I would like to grab some more depth. 

On 2/1/2020 at 4:13 PM, Packerraymond said:

Toe, shoulder, core. Those are his listed injuries he missed time with. Concerning he's missed 4 games over the last 2 years, yeah a little. That's probably the only reason we'd have a shot at 30 though.

His 2019 tape wasn't overly impressive.  At least from what I saw.  I think someone mentioned you have to go back to his '18 tape to see it.

8 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I have completely written off Adams.  IMO, if we get anything out of him now, it is a bonus.  Adams is relegated to the bench because he has never been able to outplay Lancaster, and Keke was getting PT over him by the end of the season as well.  If Adams doesn't make the team, it is only a 190k cap hit too.  He is doing the Robert Ferguson shuffle.  Great in the offseason, then disappears when it is really go time.

I dont disagree, but in his exit interview he said he expects Mont and Keke to be more a part of the room. Probably lip service, maybe he still believes though.