Packerraymond Mock Off-season V2

Packerraymond

18 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Albert Haynesworth had 4 good NFL seasons and 2 downright elite NFL seasons. Your problem with that in round 2 would be what?? We might not even get 1 good season out of Josh Jackson and we got none out of Jones.

That is my problem with Davis. IMO, we might not even get one out of him either. The Haynbeworth comparison was his heart, effort. He's not nearly as talented a player as Haynesworth. 18 tackles and 1/2 sack in 2019. ZERO impact on games. 

Just my opinion though. 

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

That is my problem with Davis. IMO, we might not even get one out of him either. The Haynbeworth comparison was his heart, effort. He's not nearly as talented a player as Haynesworth. 18 tackles and 1/2 sack in 2019. ZERO impact on games. 

Just my opinion though. 

The tackle number isn't really an honest picture of what happened.  He had 47 total tackles, and Neville Gallimore (a similar ranked DT) had 29 total tackles.  But you're not drafting him for his interior pass rushing abilities.

1 hour ago, Golfman said:

Just my opinion though. 

Except for the fact that every ILB Bama ever starts becomes a top 100 prospect? He does his job and he plays with effort continuously. You're totally standing out as a stat scout who hasn't watched him play. No his pass rush hasn't developed at Bama. Yes he's still a worthwhile player even without the pass rush.

D9sDidOWwAEh80U?format=jpg&name=large

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

The tackle number isn't really an honest picture of what happened.  He had 47 total tackles, and Neville Gallimore (a similar ranked DT) had 29 total tackles.  But you're not drafting him for his interior pass rushing abilities.

You are right, I'm not drafting him, but than again, I don't make the decisions. He's like Gary, who I hope turns out. His production does not match up to his potential. 

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Except for the fact that every ILB Bama ever starts becomes a top 100 prospect? He does his job and he plays with effort continuously. You're totally standing out as a stat scout who hasn't watched him play. No his pass rush hasn't developed at Bama. Yes he's still a worthwhile player even without the pass rush.

D9sDidOWwAEh80U?format=jpg&name=large

Unfortunately, I watched a lot of Alabama games. He was quasi-dominant in 2017. He's been a shadow of that player since. He was so bad in 2018 he had to go back to college to improve his draft stock. I don't think it worked. I'm not really a stats guy. He just doesn't jump off the screen. In fact, even when you look for him he doesn't do much.

Again, my opinion of the guy! It's all good you have a higher opinion of him. I'm fine with that. I was not trying to rip your effort. 

4 minutes ago, Golfman said:

You are right, I'm not drafting him, but than again, I don't make the decisions. He's like Gary, who I hope turns out. His production does not match up to his potential. 

You have to look at production and match it to the skillset.  He's not a pass rusher.  He's a guy whose going to anchor against the run, and he's going to be a plus player in that regard.

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

You have to look at production and match it to the skillset.  He's not a pass rusher.  He's a guy whose going to anchor against the run, and he's going to be a plus player in that regard.

He was a pass rusher in 2017 and won his one on one match ups with regularity. He's been very average since then. Again, so bad last year that he had to go back to school this year to improve his draft stock. I believe he was benched last year for either poor effort or poor play. My bad it was for punching an opponent.

I'm good with you having a different opinion of the guy! It's all good! Like with Gary, who I did not want to draft, if he becomes a Packer, I'm all in for the guy. 

Just my opinion. 

Edited by Golfman

I like this. 

I like the overall idea, and I'm a fan of most of the picks. 

I would prefer another cheap FA at WR and OLB/DE, but other than that. Thumbs Up. 

Love McFarland especially in the 5th. 

Edited by Cadmus
  • Like 2

Love the overall offseason here, @Packerraymond. Not a lot to complain about. My one thing is, I don't think James Morgan is even a NFL development QB. He just doesn't have the raw skills to be one, unlike Wilkins. I'd rather take a shot on someone like Cole McDonald and see if we can fix his stupid af release. He's got all the tools you want, he just needs to be rebuilt in part due to the system he played in. He's got the arm strength and his deep ball ability is really good. I get that he played for Hawaii but I think he's a top 10 QB in this draft. Not saying much but he's someone I'd love to have on the PS. 

• Like 1

Surprised I missed this one. I actually really like this whole thing sans the Shenault pick(I'd rather go Ruggs if I could get him), but I like that you added Lawrence to this one. I think he could actually play the 1 tech in certain packages and can not only offer another explosive body next to Kenny, but could give him a breather once in awhile as well. Little much for Ebron, but we can absorb any dead money if he sucks.

Edited by Joe

3 hours ago, 15412 said:

We can all improve the team with our mocks.  As I read this mock not only did I like the direction but this might be the most realistic mock we will read this season.

Well done sir.  Sign me up.

Holy hell, when I first read this I saw "not only did I get an erection".

I need more sleep.