Stephon Gilmore Is DPOY

goldfishwars

53 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

The only people clamoring for this delusion are Bills fans. Must be the jealous ex thing.

uhhh, read the stats guy. Tre White produced better numbers then Gillmore....Not once did I say that Tre deserved it but your to blind with actual truth that you wanted to troll the one little part about Tre more deserving then Gillmore at a DB standpoint. Like I said Shaq and Watt out performed any other defender in the league this year. Which is why either one of those two should have won it over Gillmore. 

1 hour ago, Nex_Gen said:

And Gilmore followed the teams best receiver in every single game, had a bigger impact, and made more game changing plays. Case closed.

Yeaaaaahh, I think your defense of Gilmore is a little too strong/lopsided to not appear biased. Here's the real difference you should be arguing: Even though White accounted for more turnovers (6 ints + 3 forced fumbles) to Gilmore's 6 ints, Gilmore took 2 of his INTs to the house. That's 12 points directly attributed to him. Argue that being worth more than the extra 3 turnovers White accounted for, and your argument becomes legit IMO. However,  your subjective points and that "Case closed." comment make it seem like their performances were practically night and day different and, let's be honest, that certainly wasn't the case. They both shut down virtually everyone they faced for all 4 quarters, they both executed their individual assignments impeccably given the system they play in, and they both deserve a heck of a lot of praise.

Edited by Yibbyl

2 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

And Gilmore followed the teams best receiver in every single game, had a bigger impact, and made more game changing plays. Case closed.

So does White.  Again, their coverage metrics are basically equal (or slightly in White's favor) so no, he didn't really have a bigger impact.  And are we really bringing this subjective "game changing plays" thing into the mix?  Might as well point to him getting destroyed by Devante Parker in week 17.  Made some game changing plays in the wrong direction and cost his team a bye. 

I don't even have a horse in this race.  I don't even think Gilmore is a bad selection.  But to act like he was for sure better than White is silly.  He plays on a better defense in a far bigger market to let him have primetime games to showcase his skills.  That's the difference.  

Edited by Jetzger