Nick Bosa Voted AP DROY

J-ALL-DAY

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

My actual take:

It was just a super easy choice tbh. His amount of pressures, his play in big national games and being a big part of a dominant defense made this a no-brainer. Heck, Allen didn't even end up finishing second. Thought Bush got overrated due to some of the splash plays he made but he was also on and dominant defense so that got him some votes. 

Bosa should have been a unanimous choice but some will just look at the sack numbers and vote Crosby which is a joke. 

Oh well, well deserved to Bosa! 

11 hours ago, Ataal said:

Lots of angry Raiders fans on social media right now.  Some of them making a good case for Crosby.  Glad to see Bosa won it pretty handily, though.  

I hate how people think that someone else winning an award somehow discredits or disrespects their own guy. Maxx Crosby had a great year, and good for them and for their future! But I'm sure if they had a chance to trade Bosa for Crosby, one for one, they'd do it in a heartbeat. Bosa deserved it. Crosby deserves a lot of praise, but he just happened to be a rookie the same year Bosa was. Too bad. It doesn't make Crosby any worse of a player.

When John Harbaugh won the COTY award, I went to twitter and people complained that Kyle was robbed. He wasn't. Harbaugh was just as deserving and was a great choice. Vrabel would have been a great choice as well. Belichik deserves consideration every year, but since his praises are so ubiquitous, the award has become more of a "Who, besides Bill Belichik, is the best coach in the NFL?". The reality is, there's a handful of truly great HC in the NFL that deserve to have their work recognized. Selecting one for an award doesn't make the others any worse. It doesn't make what Kyle did this year any less special. So I don't care he didn't win it. I'm just happy he's my coach.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, rudyZ said:

I hate how people think that someone else winning an award somehow discredits or disrespects their own guy. Maxx Crosby had a great year, and good for them and for their future! But I'm sure if they had a chance to trade Bosa for Crosby, one for one, they'd do it in a heartbeat. Bosa deserved it. Crosby deserves a lot of praise, but he just happened to be a rookie the same year Bosa was. Too bad. It doesn't make Crosby any worse of a player.

When John Harbaugh won the COTY award, I went to twitter and people complained that Kyle was robbed. He wasn't. Harbaugh was just as deserving and was a great choice. Vrabel would have been a great choice as well. Belichik deserves consideration every year, but since his praises are so ubiquitous, the award has become more of a "Who, besides Bill Belichik, is the best coach in the NFL?". The reality is, there's a handful of truly great HC in the NFL that deserve to have their work recognized. Selecting one for an award doesn't make the others any worse. It doesn't make what Kyle did this year any less special. So I don't care he didn't win it. I'm just happy he's my coach.

Couldn't agree more.  It would have been nice to see Kyle win COTY, but Harbaugh built an entire offense around his franchise quarterback and led them to the best record in the NFL, most points scored, most rushing yards by a gigantic margin, etc..  People get into that funk where they think some of these awards are "most improved" or some other cherry picking stat.  Just like how you said Crosby just happened to be a rookie the same year Bosa was, Kyle just happened to have a phenomenal season the same year Harbaugh did his thing.   

• Like 1