Lamar Jackson UNANIMOUS 2019 MVP

wackywabbit

To see a guy who had as many polarizing opinions* in the offseason become the youngest QB to win the MVP has to be the one of the greatest year to year jumps. 

*MANY people thought he would be among the worst at his position this year after teams had tape to "figure him out". 

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, SwoleXmad said:

I can already hear the people saying he didn't do anything in the playoffs so he's not the real MVP. 

One shouldn't have anything to do with the other. Mvp totally deserved, regardless of post season outcome. 

He doesn't deserve the super bowl MVP though, so if he wins that one, I'm declaring shenanigans

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Feel bad for people who have hard-committed to rooting against this kid for his career.

Only since the Ravens drafted him and until he no longer plays for the Ravens. Well, unless he goes to the Steelers then I'll continue to root against him. We all can't be like you who root for divisional rival QBs to win every game.

Just now, Thelonebillsfan said:

He missed 2 games basically because he sat out so many 4th quarters and didn't play in the finale, probably why.  

Nah, it's because MVP QBs pass for around 5k yards I just included the run/pass combined stats for humor. There were probably 10 QBs who had more pass/rush yards than him this year simply because they passed a lot more because outside of Baltimore it's a passing league. Rushing yards don't accumulate nearly as fast.

I just like to give weird stats and see the feathers fly. Some fans care a lot about typed words on the internet. Watch this.

Lamar had a great season and one of the best overall performances ever for an MVP. He isn't a top 10 passer in the league but his speed opens up a lot of things in the passing game and he took advantage.

Seems like a harmless and true statement... right?

10 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Only since the Ravens drafted him and until he no longer plays for the Ravens. Well, unless he goes to the Steelers then I'll continue to root against him. We all can't be like you who root for divisional rival QBs to win every game.

The Steelers are the team I least like. But I always gave Ben credit as the last QB I'd want to be playing with a drive to go in a big game. When the Bengals were a a constant playoff team and beat us a fair bit, I still frequently defended Andy Dalton as underrated. I admitted Baker far exceeded my predraft expectations his rookie year, even though I also said he was overrated as someone who was only average for a non-rookie, which was still very good for an actual rookie.There is a difference between rooting for results that help your team and just constantly taking away from a player because of the team he plays for.

1 minute ago, wackywabbit said:

The Steelers are the team I least like. But I always gave Ben credit as the last QB I'd want to be playing with a drive to go in a big game. When the Bengals were a a constant playoff team and beat us a fair bit, I still frequently defended Andy Dalton as underrated. I admitted Baker far exceeded my predraft expectations his rookie year, even though I also said he was overrated as someone who was only average for a non-rookie, which was still very good for an actual rookie.There is a difference between rooting for results that help your team and just constantly taking away from a player because of the team he plays for.

You said you felt bad for people who rooted against him, I explained why I root against him. Now we are changing it to I should say good things about him? Yeah, why?