Lamar Jackson UNANIMOUS 2019 MVP

wackywabbit

This season was some of the most fun I've ever had rooting for this team. Incredibly well deserved for a great season that virtually no one saw coming.

The best part about watching Lamar develop is that I know he is gonna put in the work to keep improving. Can't wait to see what Lamar 3.0 looks like because he really will just get better from here. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RamblinMan99 said:

I wouldn't go as far as to say that he's changing the QB position, but Jackson is definitely one of a kind.  

We should put his face on the $20 bill. 

He isnt changing anything about the QB position. He is a very runner and a decent passer in high % situations. I've grown sick of hearing this false narrative that he revolutionized the NFL offense.

He didnt do anything that RG3 and Michael Vick hadn't done before him. The difference is he did it better and set records. Its basically the same offense Kaepernick ran but Kaep wasnt as good of a running QB. The long delayed Handoff, that was a Kaepernick thing before it was a LJ thing.

Yes Baltimores offense was very effective this season, but it isn't new and Baltimore fans are spreading an extremely false narrative suggesting otherwise.

Having said all of that, he absolutely deserved to win the MVP

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Small Town Values said:

I'm just surprised none of the 50 voters used the advanced analytics case to cast a vote for Wilson. Lamar deserves it based on traditional stats, but I was sure someone would approach it from another angle. 

What "advanced analytics" would that be? PFF preferred Wilson's season, but I would hardly call manually assigning impressiveness points while watching a player take a snap "advanced analytics". There are plenty of more legit analytic cases for what Lamar did being more impressive especially when you factor in how many fewer drives he played compared to Wilson.

My case for Jackson, before he pulled away at the end and mostly ended the debate, was that it was impossible to separate player from his offensive teammates and system. You can tell whatever story you want to tell doing that. So, I thought Jackson should get it for being in what was clearly the more efficient offense by a wide margin.

3 hours ago, wwhickok said:

He isnt changing anything about the QB position. He is a very runner and a decent passer in high % situations. I've grown sick of hearing this false narrative that he revolutionized the NFL offense.

He didnt do anything that RG3 and Michael Vick hadn't done before him. The difference is he did it better and set records. Its basically the same offense Kaepernick ran but Kaep wasnt as good of a running QB. The long delayed Handoff, that was a Kaepernick thing before it was a LJ thing.

Yes Baltimores offense was very effective this season, but it isn't new and Baltimore fans are spreading an extremely false narrative suggesting otherwise.

The 49ers had components of this offense, but this was not the same exact offense. The 3 TE groupings on the field is a different alignment. The counters built into the offense to consistently get a numbers advantage on a side of the field with the motions. Similar offense, but different, saying otherwise would be like saying that all WCO are the same, all Air Coryell offenses are the same, all air raid offenses are the same, etc.

Lastly, I’m not sure anyone has called this offense NEW, you’re using a sweeping generalization to say what Ravens fans were doing, instead... how about you quote it instead. I haven’t seen anyone saying this offense is “NEW”. Perhaps quoting Harbaugh’s terms of “revolutionary” offense, sure. But something doesn’t need to be “new” to be “revolutionary”... it simply needs to be effective and duplicatable, nothing more. As successful as the Kaepernick offense was, this version is statistically more effective and duplicatable, hence why it’s more “revolutionary” than the previous rendition.

4 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

What "advanced analytics" would that be? PFF preferred Wilson's season, but I would hardly call manually assigning impressiveness points while watching a player take a snap "advanced analytics". There are plenty of more legit analytic cases for what Lamar did being more impressive especially when you factor in how many fewer drives he played compared to Wilson.

My case for Jackson, before he pulled away at the end and mostly ended the debate, was that it was impossible to separate player from his offensive teammates and system. You can tell whatever story you want to tell doing that. So, I thought Jackson should get it for being in what was clearly the more efficient offense by a wide margin.

The MVP was deserved. The 2nd ever unanimous, I'm not so sure? Feels like Russ should've received a few of those votes. 

20 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

Yeaaaaaaah no.

It was legitimately one of the most efficient offenses ever. New England had the least amount of offensive possessions in the league (by quite a margin) and that's why Brady didn't have that many yards. They scored touchdowns on 35% of their possessions which is pretty nuts. 2010 was honestly one of the best Pats teams ever.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2020 at 10:26 AM, wwhickok said:

I'm just wondering how long a football player like Lamar Jackson will last for.  

He does take a risk every time he runs the ball.  

Sure, he'll go towards the sideline, but eventually, he's going to take a hit that may mess him up permanently.  

I don't see him having a long career.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LeonKennedy said:

Can't wait to see how many ways Ravens fans can spin him into a martyr of public opinion again next year.

....are you suggesting that last offseason, we - as Ravens fans - were out of line saying he was being incredibly disrespected?

Wouldn’t the numerous takes of him not being an NFL-capable QB last offseason, coupled with him winning unanimous MVP the following year, mean that we were 100% correct in thinking the disrespect pointed towards him all last offseason made him a martyr of public opinion?

I mean, this is a weird thing to complain about considering Ravens fans were 100% right about everything we said last offseason lol

• Like 2