Lamar Jackson UNANIMOUS 2019 MVP

wackywabbit

23 hours ago, tyler735 said:

I'll concede arm strength as an advantage for Vick, but outside of that, their athleticism looks to be pretty much identical and I don't think a person could really say either has a noticeable advantage in terms of speed/change of direction/acceleration both are far beyond any of their peers in those regards.  

Both miles ahead of any other to play the position & among the very best to ever play the game. But, Vick had the advantage in fast twitch shiftiness imo. The 30 for 30 made me go back & watch some of his old stuff - it was Sanders like the situations he often escaped from. 

4 hours ago, Small Town Values said:

Both miles ahead of any other to play the position & among the very best to ever play the game. But, Vick had the advantage in fast twitch shiftiness imo. The 30 for 30 made me go back & watch some of his old stuff - it was Sanders like the situations he often escaped from. 

Have you seen Lamar and the way he jukes, stops and cuts?

34 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

He should get plenty more opportunities with Baker Mayfield and a 37 year old Big Ben as 2 of the other QBs in the division. 

Oh, ok cool, Ill make sure to take note even though I'm not sure how Baker and Ben come up in this thread, remember you lost to this same Baker Mayfield last year and Ben is 14-10 against you all time but ok......

And it still doesn't negate the fact that he hasn't come up big when it counts.....

Edited by MSURacerDT55

15 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Have you seen Lamar and the way he jukes, stops and cuts?

Look, both are the only QBs ever to have legit elite tier RB/WR/KR speed, agility & overall athleticism. Jackson & Vick's ability to break ankles is undeniable. I went back & looked at both players college & pro highlights, Vick just has a number of ridiculous escapes where by all rights he should've been sacked. Both have incredible long runs, jukes, cuts, change of direction & spins. But, outside of Barry - I haven't seen many guys who can contort & elude the impossible like Vick. Lamar still has his whole pro career in front of him, so those phone booth plays may come. Also, Lamar is without a doubt the more complete player, & a better human at this early stage of his life - which is why he'll likely end up in Canton. Vick unfortunately needed prison time to straighten himself out. I just think Arm strength (not accuracy or touch), & agility / moves work in Vick's favor when comparing the two. 

• Like 1