Lamar Jackson UNANIMOUS 2019 MVP

wackywabbit

1 hour ago, Forge said:

One shouldn't have anything to do with the other. Mvp totally deserved, regardless of post season outcome. 

He doesn't deserve the super bowl MVP though, so if he wins that one, I'm declaring shenanigans

If he runs onto the field and steals the super bowl MVP it should be his, whose gonna catch him? 

3 minutes ago, Malik said:

I had no idea the NFL MVP award looked as cheap as it does

That's all award trophies pretty much.

Except super bowl rings because you too can order a replica one licensed by the NFL for 1/50th the price and 1/1,000,000 the quality. 

Just now, SwoleXmad said:

If he runs onto the field and steals the super bowl MVP it should be his, whose gonna catch him? 

Tyreek Hill and Matt Breida would have the best shot. 

But I'm totally in for watching this happen now. I hope it happens

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Forge said:

Tyreek Hill and Matt Breida would have the best shot. 

But I'm totally in for watching this happen now. I hope it happens

They should do a capture the SB MVP Trophy tournament instead of the Pro Bowl, that'd be way more interesting! 

17 minutes ago, Small Town Values said:

Well deserved. Bright future ahead. But it kind of sucks Wilson & Thomas (At least he won OPOY) didn't even receive one vote after the seasons they had. 

Gonna be tough for a WR to win it, or any non-QB at this point. Gonna need 20 TD or 2k yards (WR or RB) and that didn't happen. There wasn't gaudy QB numbers either with Mahomes and Brees both missing  time so I think this was pretty easy as signified by the unanimous choice. It was the Ravens year as far as the regular season and that is what the award is based on. As a Browns fan I have no issue with that, take Jackson away from the Ravens and they aren't a playoff team. It's really just a matter of keeping him healthy as long as he retains his athletic ability and they were able to do that this year. We've all been playing the Ravens offense in Madden for years we knew it worked. They are just the 1st NFL team to really do it. Well, they used more T.E.'s than we did but otherwise it's the same offense.

Edited by Thomas5737

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

Gonna be tough for a WR to win it, or any non-QB at this point. Gonna need 20 TD or 2k yards (WR or RB) and that didn't happen. There wasn't gaudy QB numbers either with Mahomes and Brees both missing  time so I think this was pretty easy as signified by the unanimous choice. It was the Ravens year as far as the regular season and that is what the award is based on. As a Browns fan I have no issue with that, take Jackson away from the Ravens and they aren't a playoff team. It's reallt just a matter of keeping him healthy as long as he retains his athletic ability and they were able to do that this year. We've all been playing the Ravens offense in Madden for years we knew it worked. They are just the 1st NFL team to really do it. Well, they used more T.E.'s than we did but otherwise it's the same offense.

Jackson deserved it, no question. But good cases (However, ultimately not good enough) can be made for the other two, especially Wilson. I just don't think it should've been unanimous 

2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Fewest combined passing/rushing yards by a QB MVP since Brady in 2010.

And Brady in 2010 was the only other unanimous MVP

Which actually shocked me. I was going through my head trying to figure out who the 1st one was. Brady 07. Rodgers 11. Manning 13. Marino 84. Tomlinson 06. There’s a **** load I would’ve guessed before Brady 2010

40 minutes ago, MagicMT said:

They should do a capture the SB MVP Trophy tournament instead of the Pro Bowl, that'd be way more interesting! 

This. 

2 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

And Brady in 2010 was the only other unanimous MVP

Which actually shocked me. I was going through my head trying to figure out who the 1st one was. Brady 07. Rodgers 11. Manning 13. Marino 84. Tomlinson 06. There’s a **** load I would’ve guessed before Brady 2010

What's hilarious to me is the 2010 Brady season isn't even that good. I mean yeah it's a very good year by QB standards but by Brady standards it's kinda....eh. Not even 4,000 yards from Brady. 

25 minutes ago, Small Town Values said:

Jackson deserved it, no question. But good cases (However, ultimately not good enough) can be made for the other two, especially Wilson. I just don't think it should've been unanimous 

Well if you think one guy deserved it I don't know why you think other people should disagree with you and vote for someone else.

If you remove Jackson or Wilson neither team makes the playoffs so at that point you go with the prettier numbers which belong to Jackson so I don't know why you disagree with a unanimous vote. I get that the value is close or maybe even more in favor of another guy but if you agree with the guy who won it seems counterproductive to complain about someone not agreeing with you.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well if you think one guy deserved it I don't know why you think other people should disagree with you and vote for someone else.

If you remove Jackson or Wilson neither team makes the playoffs so at that point you go with the prettier numbers which belong to Jackson so I don't know why you disagree with a unanimous vote. I get that the value is close or maybe even more in favor of another guy but if you agree with the guy who won it seems counterproductive to complain about someone not agreeing with you.

I'm just surprised none of the 50 voters used the advanced analytics case to cast a vote for Wilson. Lamar deserves it based on traditional stats, but I was sure someone would approach it from another angle. No matter. Congrats to Lamar. 

1 hour ago, SwoleXmad said:

This. 

What's hilarious to me is the 2010 Brady season isn't even that good. I mean yeah it's a very good year by QB standards but by Brady standards it's kinda....eh. Not even 4,000 yards from Brady. 

2010 Brady was actually really really great. Definitely a top 2 Brady season. That was one of the most efficient passing games offenses ever.