HOF 2020 modern era inductees revealed

TecmoSuperJoe

Five modern-era players were chosen for induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame's Class of 2020 on Saturday, led by Pittsburgh Steelers safety Troy Polamalu.

Joining Polamalu in Canton, Ohio, are Indianapolis Colts running back Edgerrin James, Denver Broncos safety Steve Atwater, Los Angeles/St. Louis Rams wide receiver Isaac Bruce and Seattle Seahawks and Minnesota Vikings offensive guard Steve Hutchinson.

The five players elected Saturday will be part of the Pro Football Hall of Fame's Centennial Class, which includes 10 senior players, three contributors and two coaches.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2873465-pro-football-hall-of-fame-2020-complete-list-of-nfl-inductees-to-canton#slide0

Even though he was a Ram, I loved watching Issac Bruce play. His route running was so crisp, and he just separated so well. He was a guy that was able to keep his production level fairly high even heading into his mid 30's. He never had a 1st Team All Pro selection though, so I wasn't sure if he would get in for a while. 

I'm sure Broncos fans are happy that Atwater got in. That franchise has a lot of players that have been left on the cutting room floor for a while now. 

• Like 3

Just now, ET80 said:

If Edgerrin James is in, I'm certain Frank Gore is getting in.

Edgerin James was consider one of the best during his time and lead the league in rushing several times. His resume is considerably better than Gore if you ask me.

The AP NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year in 1999, he earned four Pro Bowl selections and four All-Pro selections. James is the Colts' all-time leader in career rushing yards, attempts, and touchdowns. James is thirteenth on the all-time rushing list.

Frank Gore may make it off volume stats due to longevity but, I don't if ne necessarily belongs in the hall of fame. But if he made it I wouldn't be mad and I could defend him being there.

• Like 1

Troy was an obvious lock. Well deserved, love the guy. Nice to see the hall making more of an effort in regard to Safeties & Wideouts. Atwater's selection was overdue & well deserved. Hutchinson's selection was overdue as well. No problems with James getting enshrined. The hall seems to making a push this centennial class to put a number of All-Decade guys in. Bruce is the only one I'm a little iffy about from the modern group. 

Edited by Small Town Values
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MrnastiesNO said:

Edgerin James was consider one of the best during his time and lead the league in rushing several times. His resume is considerably better than Gore if you ask me.

The AP NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year in 1999, he earned four Pro Bowl selections and four All-Pro selections. James is the Colts' all-time leader in career rushing yards, attempts, and touchdowns. James is thirteenth on the all-time rushing list.

Frank Gore may make it off volume stats due to longevity but, I don't if ne necessarily belongs in the hall of fame. But if he made it I wouldn't be mad and I could defend him being there.

James was a massive bust in AZ.  Dude was arse cheeks. 

Edgerrin James was just a guy. When he left Joseph Addai basically took over where he left off. That's how replaceable James was

It's the Hall of Pretty Good. They are so eager to get 5-6 guys in per year so they can make an event of it, they are putting in just about everybody

• Like 1