Jump to content
PapaShogun

HOF 2020 modern era inductees revealed

Recommended Posts

On 2/3/2020 at 8:00 PM, jebrick said:

Tony Boselli should not sniff the HOF before Fanica gets in.  Fanica has more all-pro seasons than Boselli had total seasons.  Boselli only played 90 games his entire career.

Boselli when playing was a better player at a more valuable position. Not saying I don't disagree with the statement, but Boselli may be the most naturally talented guy in the history of the league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

What accolades are pushing him over the edge?

Hutchinson had 7 pro bowls, 5 first team all pros, 2 second team all pros.

Faneca had 9 pro bowls, 6 first team all pros, 2 second team all pros. 

Those accolades are close enough that you're splitting hairs on who was better.

In his 5 years with the Seahawks, Shaun Alexander made the pro bowl 3 times and won an MVP.

In his 6 years with the Vikings, Adrian Peterson made the pro bowl 4 times. 

And that has nothing to do with how good those RBs were? Seriously?

I can play that game. In Faneca's time as a Steeler, it resulted in his RB also making the Hall of Fame.

Oh and you just said yourself Faneca has more accolades.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Boselli when playing was a better player at a more valuable position. Not saying I don't disagree with the statement, but Boselli may be the most naturally talented guy in the history of the league. 

 The rate in which you are attempting to discredit Alan Faneca is actually pathetic mazelli has no business making no Hall of fame prior to Alan Faneca. Like you said Boselli (when healthy, but often not)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2020 at 10:56 AM, wwhickok said:

I think that's fair but here is my issue and it's not even got anything to do with Hutch.

The HOF is supposed to be about the best players. How'd James get in over Lynch, Wayne, or Faneca?

Do people that quickly forget how good Indys OL was and hold bad James was when he went to AZ without an OL? If there is any RB in the modern era, a better example of being a product of an OL, its Edgerrin James

The best example of this is ironically the one you're fighting so adamantly against. Shaun Alexander running behind Hutchinson and Jones in Seattle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2020 at 8:25 AM, PapaShogun said:

Exactly. And have it peer reviewed if people did have the time. No one is going to do that unless it's a full time paid job like PFF.

Both are HOF guards. Not sure what folks are nitpicking about. 

Steelers fans being Steelers fans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

And that has nothing to do with how good those RBs were? Seriously?

I can play that game. In Faneca's time as a Steeler, it resulted in his RB also making the Hall of Fame.

Oh and you just said yourself Faneca has more accolades.

So because the media voted for the offensive lineman playing for the Steelers 6% better than they liked the guy playing for Vikings/Seahawks  I'm supposed to give the guy from the flagship franchise the edge? Not a chance.

Alexander with Hutchinson vs without tells a significant part of the story. 

fFRKliZ.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

So because the media voted for the offensive lineman playing for the Steelers 6% better than they liked the guy playing for Vikings/Seahawks  I'm supposed to give the guy from the flagship franchise the edge? Not a chance.

Alexander with Hutchinson vs without tells a significant part of the story. 

fFRKliZ.png

 I don't care really what you give anyone. You're entitled to your opinion. Same can be said though about Pittsburghs Running game with and without Faneca. 

We can play this game all day. We dont have to agree.

Faneca should ALREADY be in 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wwhickok said:

 I don't care really what you give anyone. You're entitled to your opinion. Same can be said though about Pittsburghs Running game with and without Faneca. 

We can play this game all day. We dont have to agree.

Faneca should ALREADY be in 

Faneca should already be in. Pittsburgh's running game did fall off a cliff when Faneca left.

Neither of those statements make anything clear cut that Faneca should be in obviously over Hutchinson. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think that I ever said that it was clear cut I simply posed my point of view I have got 0 issue with the fact that Steve Hutchinson made the Hall of fame he deserves it but I would disagree that  James should have made it over either of those guys

Edited by wwhickok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I don't think that I ever said that it was clear cut I simply posed my point of view I have got 0 issue with the fact that Steve Hutchinson made the Hall of fame he deserves it but I would disagree that  James should have made it over either of those guys

You said, "Hutch absolutely shouldnt have got in over Faneca. It's not even debatable "

On the first page of this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You said, "Hutch absolutely shouldnt have got in over Faneca. It's not even debatable "

On the first page of this thread.

 I went back to that and you're right I did say that I don't think that part of me feels like Faneca definitely should have gotten in of over Hutchinson but I do believe that they both deserve to be there and here is my biggest issue I think too much weight is applied to what positions are getting, it should be the best 5 players regardless of the position they play being voted into the Hall of fame and I'm sorry but with all due respect to James faneca was one of the best 5 players

Edited by wwhickok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

 I went back to that and you're right I did say that I don't think that part of me feels like Faneca definitely should have gotten in of over Hutchinson but I do believe that they both deserve to be there and here is my biggest issue I think too much weight is applied to what positions are getting in he should be the best 5 players regardless of the position they play being voted into the Hall of fame and I'm sorry but with all due respect to James faneca was one of the best 5 players

I don't think you're wrong that Faneca was a more worthy player than Edge.

But I think in order to discredit Edge, you basically have to make the argument that RBs are by the nature of their position highly dependent on their line and offense in general. Which I think is true. So I'm not sure the position argument is one that truly holds in this instance IOL vs RB is a positional battle of two low tier spots, though in the case of HOF voting RB does get more love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I don't think you're wrong that Faneca was a more worthy player than Edge.

But I think in order to discredit Edge, you basically have to make the argument that RBs are by the nature of their position highly dependent on their line and offense in general. Which I think is true. So I'm not sure the position argument is one that truly holds in this instance IOL vs RB is a positional battle of two low tier spots, though in the case of HOF voting RB does get more love.

 I don't disagree with your argument

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2020 at 9:27 AM, AlexGreen#20 said:

I don't think you're wrong that Faneca was a more worthy player than Edge.

But I think in order to discredit Edge, you basically have to make the argument that RBs are by the nature of their position highly dependent on their line and offense in general. Which I think is true. So I'm not sure the position argument is one that truly holds in this instance IOL vs RB is a positional battle of two low tier spots, though in the case of HOF voting RB does get more love.

It used to. I think Edge is actually going to be the last of an era of runningbacks getting in when they were a prime position. Who else is there? Frank Gore? I don't think we will see another RB get in for at least 8 to 10 years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×