HOF 2020 modern era inductees revealed

TecmoSuperJoe

4 hours ago, TheGame316 said:

Edgerrin James was just a guy. When he left Joseph Addai basically took over where he left off. That's how replaceable James was

It's the Hall of Pretty Good. They are so eager to get 5-6 guys in per year so they can make an event of it, they are putting in just about everybody

Addai absolutely did not take over where he left off. That's insane revisionism. Edge was a monster with or without Manning, his career was cut short because of injuries. But in his prime he was incredible. 

• Like 4

I don't think of Edgerrin James when I think of the hall-of-fame.  James was a terrific player.  This is pretty much what Deion Sanders and Rod Woodson just talked about earlier this week - There are so many guys getting into the HoF that shouldn't be there.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, kramxel said:

If Edge got in, half of the NFL will too. 

edge had a 2300 yfs season in his 2nd year.  if not for the torn acl in his 3rd year we wouldnt be having this conversation.  he then went on to have 5 more 1000 yard seasons, 2 of which were for the lowly cards.  before zeke, the last person to win the rushing title as a rookie was edge.  he was a monster.

1 minute ago, mistakey said:

edge had a 2300 yfs season in his 2nd year.  if not for the torn acl in his 3rd year we wouldnt be having this conversation.  he then went on to have 5 more 1000 yard seasons, 2 of which were for the lowly cards.  before zeke, the last person to win the rushing title as a rookie was edge.  he was a monster.

He had 40 TD's in 2 years!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I honestly would have had Atwater as the 4th of the 4 safeties in the finalists this year.  Wow.

I have lived in Denver for a few years now and the media people and ex players always bring up the lack of respect for Broncos defensive players over the years. Not saying you’re wrong, just wanted to mention that. I guess when I think of the Broncos I always think of all their great offensive players and not their great ones on D, for whatever reason. 

21 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

2021 is Woodson, Manning, and Jared Allen right? Whew, that’s going to be the easiest job ever for the voters.

Drew Pearson probably makes it in next year.

I'd love to see Jared Allen get in.  He was a great player, and his acceptance speech would undoubtedly be a lot of fun to hear.  With all the guys from places like Ohio State, Notre Dame, etc., it would be heartwarming to finally see an inductee who attended "Culinary Academy."   xD