Jump to content
TecmoSuperJoe

HOF 2020 modern era inductees revealed

Recommended Posts

The only player in NFL history with more 1,500+ yard rushing seasons than James is Barry Sanders.

The only players with more 2,000+ YFS seasons are Marshall Faulk, Eric Dickerson, and Walter Payton.

The dude was all-time great. Like I said earlier, he had no weaknesses. He was having his best season before he tore his ACL as well.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I'd love to see Jared Allen get in.  He was a great player, and his acceptance speech would undoubtedly be a lot of fun to hear.  With all the guys from places like Ohio State, Notre Dame, etc., it would be heartwarming to finally see an inductee who attended "Culinary Academy."   xD

12th all time in sacks means he gets in.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Small Town Values said:

Troy was an obvious lock. Well deserved, love the guy. Nice to see the hall making more of an effort in regard to Safeties & Wideouts. Atwater's selection was overdue & well deserved. Hutchinson's selection was overdue as well. No problems with James getting enshrined. The hall seems to making a push this centennial class to put a number of All-Decade guys in. Bruce is the only one I'm a little iffy about from the modern group. 

I have to agree on Bruce.  Fanica should have made it.  I guess next year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The takeaway from this thread is many people on FF don’t remember how good Edgerrin James was.

Lots of nephews and idiots.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait 5 modern players, 10 centennials, three contributors and 2 coaches? Lol pretty soon there will be hall of famers that weren’t actually particularly great

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Breesus mode said:

Lots of nephews and idiots.

Some of us just didn't see the guy play very much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Some of us just didn't see the guy play very much.

That would make you the first part of the sentence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Breesus mode said:

That would make you the first part of the sentence.

Maybe I'm an idiot.  I didn't know that is what "nephew" was referring to.  Oh well.  I'm glad Edgerrin was inducted if he deserved it.  It sounds like he has a lot of support on this site, and that carries a lot of weight in my mind.  This site has a lot of great football minds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Hutch absolutely shouldnt have got in over Faneca. It's not even debatable 

In what area was Hutch lacking in comparison to Faneca?  Hutch was a monster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

In what area was Hutch lacking in comparison to Faneca?  Hutch was a monster.

Hutch is deserving of the HOF. That's not debateable. But he wasnt the elite player that Faneca was. The accolades and the part he played in winning SBs doesnt lie. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

The only player in NFL history with more 1,500+ yard rushing seasons than James is Barry Sanders.

The only players with more 2,000+ YFS seasons are Marshall Faulk, Eric Dickerson, and Walter Payton.

The dude was all-time great. Like I said earlier, he had no weaknesses. He was having his best season before he tore his ACL as well.

His lateral agility at his size was insane. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

Maybe I'm an idiot.  I didn't know that is what "nephew" was referring to.  Oh well.  I'm glad Edgerrin was inducted if he deserved it.  It sounds like he has a lot of support on this site, and that carries a lot of weight in my mind.  This site has a lot of great football minds.

Referring to somebody too young to understand the context of something that happened before they were aware/alive. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Breesus mode said:

Referring to somebody too young to understand the context of something that happened before they were aware/alive. 

Ah, that makes sense.  You learn something new every day.  Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...