HOF 2020 modern era inductees revealed

TecmoSuperJoe

6 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

Faneca has more All-Pro seasons, more pro bowls and he cost himself another all pro nod the 1 year he moved to LT when the OL was decimated by injuries compared to Hutchinson.

They both should have been in. Edgerin James is a miss.

22 hours ago, ET80 said:

If Edgerrin James is in, I'm certain Frank Gore is getting in.

Surprised by how many don't think Edge was worthy, but especially you. You saw how he killed us. I was far more scared of him than I was or Reggie Wayne. Absolutely deserved it.

2 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Surprised by how many don't think Edge was worthy, but especially you. You saw how he killed us. I was far more scared of him than I was or Reggie Wayne. Absolutely deserved it.

I'm holding his Arizona years against him, admittedly.

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm holding his Arizona years against him, admittedly.

Arizona was where people went to die. And he had two 1100 yard rushing seasons with them. Then turned 30, the death year for RBs. And that is a player who had a lot of rushes and a significant knee injury.

On 2/1/2020 at 7:17 PM, ET80 said:

If Edgerrin James is in, I'm certain Frank Gore is getting in.

Curtis Martin got in, so of course Frank Gore is getting in.  Longevity at RB is one thing that certainly does matter, because it's not going to happen all that often any more.  

22 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Is Edgerrin James a Hall of Famer?  I didn't see many of his games, but I would have thought he was more a "Hall of Very Good" type than Hall of Fame. 

Well, over the long haul, he was a better running back than Terrell Davis (which was proven by the RBs that succeeded Davis), so yes, he was a HOF back.  

On 2/1/2020 at 8:50 PM, Small Town Values said:

Troy was an obvious lock. Well deserved, love the guy. Nice to see the hall making more of an effort in regard to Safeties & Wideouts. Atwater's selection was overdue & well deserved. Hutchinson's selection was overdue as well. No problems with James getting enshrined. The hall seems to making a push this centennial class to put a number of All-Decade guys in. Bruce is the only one I'm a little iffy about from the modern group. 

Hutchinson's induction wasn't overdue; Faneca's was. 

I agree with the sentiment that I don't know if Edgerrin James is a Hall of Famer. Certainly Hall of Very Good but I consider him the 5th most important Colt of that regime.

As far as Jared Allen, do people really think he's a first ballot guy? I was on the Allen bandwagon for like, forever. But he's not a first ballot guy.