HOF 2020 modern era inductees revealed

TecmoSuperJoe

6 hours ago, Boltstrikes said:

I’m more amazed at the lack of respect given for Atwater. Dude was a force to be reckoned with. I’m very happy to see him get in and it is well deserved. The enforcer role is gone from the NFL but dudes like Atwater, Andre Waters and Rodney Harrison made me love football. 

Also this. The guy should have been in already but the Hall hated safeties until the past five years. 

4 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

There's a reason Hutchinson is going in before him

Not really.  Faneca had a better resume, and never had an all time elite talent at RB making him look even better.

Actually....youre right.  That reasoms name was Adrian Peterson.

Edited by FourThreeMafia

7 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

There's a reason Hutchinson is going in before him

I'm going to be real here. It doesn't matter. Both of them are going in and both are deserving of going in. It doesn't matter one bit who goes in first. Next year when he goes in there will be people upset about someone else not getting in.

3 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Not really.  Faneca had a better resume, and never had an all time elite talent at RB making him look even better.

That's weird.....Did Bettis play for someone else or am I forgetting things?

Edited by seriously27

1 minute ago, seriously27 said:

I'm going to be real here. It doesn't matter. Both of them are going in and both are deserving of going in. 

I know I'm just messing with him.

Bettis - Elite?

• Like 1

Just now, TENINCH said:

I know I'm just messing with him.

Bettis - Elite?

Depends on your definition but you absolutely can say he was well above average and would definitely be considered a "help" when it comes to making lineman look good. 

Of course you could always argue it's the linemen making the RB's look good as well. SO it goes both ways. 

7 minutes ago, seriously27 said:

Funny how all I ever hear is how overrated Bettis was and doesn't belong in the HOF...but suddenly he is elite?

Either way, Bettis was never close to the TALENT Peterson was.

• Like 3

On 2/5/2020 at 12:30 AM, mse326 said:

Its fun watching all this arguing about two clearly HoF guards to say which is better like people really sit and study individual guard play enough to judge that. Where do you all have the time for that?

Exactly. And have it peer reviewed if people did have the time. No one is going to do that unless it's a full time paid job like PFF.

Both are HOF guards. Not sure what folks are nitpicking about. 

Edited by PapaShogun

15 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Funny how all I ever hear is how overrated Bettis was and doesn't belong in the HOF...but suddenly he is elite?

Either way, Bettis was never close to the TALENT Peterson was.

That's definitely true but it also doesn't mean Bettis didn't also help Faneca. Whether someone thinks he is elite or not, no one can say he wasn't well above average and that definitely helps. 

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 7:50 PM, wwhickok said:

Not really. I think Wayne or Faneca should've gotten in over James. Beyond that i think they got it right. But I think I get what your saying. The only "elite" player was Polamalu of the class.

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 8:52 AM, BlaqOptic said:

Nobody is doubting Hutch is worthy. But Faneca has one more All-Pro nomination, 2 more Pro Bowls, and when the two played in the biggest games of their career, Faneca made the game winning block. Hutchinson was barely there.

Faneca was never consider the best at his positions. Hutchinson was for quite a few years. This is a no brainer

45 minutes ago, MrnastiesNO said:

Faneca was never consider the best at his positions. Hutchinson was for quite a few years. This is a no brainer

The 6x First Team All-Pro was never considered the best at his position? The guy who made 1st or 2nd team for 8 straight seasons and was only 2nd team the first time because he played Left Tackle? Makes sense... Who was considered better in the early 2000s?

Edited by BlaqOptic

23 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Also helped Harvin win ROY and Favre play at an MVP at 39 years old. No more crying man. Hutch is Hof'er. Faneca can watch him go in.

If only that would have gotten them a ring... Should've blocked better in the NFCCG instead of getting Favre killed.

On 2/2/2020 at 12:03 PM, wwhickok said:

Hutch is deserving of the HOF. That's not debateable. But he wasnt the elite player that Faneca was. The accolades and the part he played in winning SBs doesnt lie. 

What accolades are pushing him over the edge?

Hutchinson had 7 pro bowls, 5 first team all pros, 2 second team all pros.

Faneca had 9 pro bowls, 6 first team all pros, 2 second team all pros. 

Those accolades are close enough that you're splitting hairs on who was better.

In his 5 years with the Seahawks, Shaun Alexander made the pro bowl 3 times and won an MVP.

In his 6 years with the Vikings, Adrian Peterson made the pro bowl 4 times.