Ravens HC John Harbaugh wins COTY

SteelKing728

26 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

That's cherry picking. The Titans sent the Ravens packing and the Ravens never even gave them a challenge in that game. 

Greg Roman is the catalyst of this teams success. That is what changed between 2018 and 2019. Harbaugh isnt the guy running the offense. 

Whose the guy who decided to draft Lamar Jackson and ride with him as his QB and help build an offense around him? 

Greg Roman right? 

Just now, Calvert28 said:

Lmao Harbaugh is not even known for being an offensive coach. Where did you get this idea from?

Of course he's not an offensive coach, but he did hire the guy and specifically commit to that type of offense for Jackson.

I love how people just wanna ignore the head coach's decision making process that leads to success. 

1 minute ago, SwoleXmad said:

Whose the guy who decided to draft Lamar Jackson and ride with him as his QB and help build an offense around him? 

Greg Roman right? 

Well the first was a GM who is no longer with the team. 

And yes the 2and would be Greg Roman with Harbaugh signing off. 

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

Ozzie's still in the scouting room and likely will be he until he retires, As was DeCosta and harbaugh who all would've signed off on drafting Jackson. 

2 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

Of course he's not an offensive coach, but he did hire the guy and specifically commit to that type of offense for Jackson.

I love how people just wanna ignore the head coach's decision making process that leads to success. 

This is a poor way to look at it. Yes Harbuagh should get credit for delegating to Roman but you're acting as if Lamar and the offensive success was somehow the result of Harbaugh's coaching when it was not. It was his decision that led to the success not his coaching itself. 

Again Harbaugh did alot this year but not on the level of what Shanahan accomplished. 

A. Ozzie Newsome/Eric Decosta specifically asked Harbaugh in the draft room if he wanted Lamar before they made the decision because of how radically different a player he was than the current system and he said yes, let’s do it. There’s an entire ESPN article about it from earlier this year.

B. Ozzie Newsome is still very much with the team, lol, he’s essentially Decosta’s sounding board and is still heavily involved in the front office/draft/etc.

Tough scene not knowing literally a thing about the topic you’re trying to argue about lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

This is a poor way to look at it. Yes Harbuagh should get credit for delegating to Roman but you're acting as if Lamar and the offensive success was somehow the result of Harbaugh's coaching when it was not. It was his decision that led to the success not his coaching itself. 

Again Harbaugh did alot this year but not on the level of what Shanahan accomplished. 

It is literally harbaugh's coaching my dude, he is the glue that keeps this team together. 

Kyle Shanahan had an awesome year but he didn't have his team re-invent the way offense was played for an entire season. The 2019 ravens under harbaugh did. 

Kyle Shanahan

San Francisco 49ers

Head coaching record
Regular season: 23–25 (.479)
Postseason: 2–0 (1.000)
Career: 25–25 (.500)

This is hilarious even if it means **** all in terms of coaching awards for this year. 

2 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

A. Ozzie Newsome/Eric Decosta specifically asked Harbaugh in the draft room if he wanted Lamar before they made the decision because of how radically different a player he was than the current system and he said yes, let’s do it. There’s an entire ESPN article about it from earlier this year.

B. Ozzie Newsome is still very much with the team, lol, he’s essentially Decosta’s sounding board and is still heavily involved in the front office/draft/etc.

Tough scene not knowing literally a thing about the topic you’re trying to argue about lol

A. Why wouldnt Ozzie ask him? You're acting like this is some grand revelation when every head coach is in the draft room on draft day. Being asked their opinions before someone is drafted. Lol like really? This is something that goes on every year on all 32 NfL teams, it's very common to ask the opinion of the Head Coach before the GM drafts a guy, "hey what do you think of him?"

B. You got me there, when they said Ozzie was stepping down, I assumed he retired. Deep.

As for the last part, I know enough to know Shanahan was more deserving and the only fans defending this award are Ravens fans. 

11 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

It is literally harbaugh's coaching my dude, he is the glue that keeps this team together. 

I dont doubt that hes the glue. 

11 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:
Kyle Shanahan had an awesome year but he didn't have his team re-invent the way offense was played for an entire season. The 2019 ravens under harbaugh did. 

Kyle Shanahan

San Francisco 49ers

Head coaching record
Regular season: 23–25 (.479)
Postseason: 2–0 (1.000)
Career: 25–25 (.500)

This is hilarious even if it means **** all in terms of coaching awards for this year. 

Gratz to Greg Roman for reinventing the offense. I would give Harbaugh that honor but as you said hes not an offensive type coach. 

Also Remind me again who's playing in the SB this year? Shanahan or Harbaugh?

Edited by Calvert28

A. Why wouldnt Ozzie ask him? You're acting like this is some grand revelation when every head coach is in the draft room on draft day. Being asked their opinions before someone is drafted. Lol like really? This is something that goes on every year on all 32 NfL teams, it's very common to ask the opinion of the Head Coach before the GM drafts a guy, "hey what do you think of him?"

B. You got me there, when they said Ozzie was stepping down, I assumed he retired. Deep.

As for the last part, I know enough to know Shanahan was more deserving and the only fans defending this award are Ravens fans. 

Hey man, you don’t have to get defensive, you didn’t know nearly as much about what you were talking about as you thought and that’s ok, it happens to the best of us!

And say it ain’t so. Fans on a website that have no involvement with the NFL whatsoever don’t think my team’s HC was deserving of an award he won.

What a terribly diminishing blow to the legacy of John Harbaugh and the Baltimore Ravens. Time to tuck tail and internet retreat 😰

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I dont doubt that hes the glue. 

Gratz to Greg Roman for reinventing the offense. I would give Harbaugh that honor but as you said hes not an offensive type coach. 

Also Remind me again who's playing in the SB this year? Shanahan or Harbaugh?

Nope he's just the guy who helped transform the offense by letting him do his job.

Neither of them, they're not players. 

5 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Hey man, you don’t have to get defensive, you didn’t know nearly as much about what you were talking about as you thought and that’s ok, it happens to the best of us!

Defensive? I'm just wondering why you thought that was somehow relevant of Ozzie asking John's opinion when every GM does. 

5 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

And say it ain’t so. Fans on a website that have no involvement with the NFL whatsoever don’t think my team’s HC was deserving of an award he won.

I'm just saying the only fans defending this are the fans of the team whose coach won the award. Not ruling out bias. 

And I hate the 49ers with a passion, probably more so then the rest of the NFC East aside from Philly maybe. So I have giving them credit for anything. 

1 minute ago, SwoleXmad said:

Nope he's just the guy who helped transform the offense by letting him do his job.

Neither of them, they're not players. 

Exactly he did not reinvent the offense. That was Roman. John deserves alot of credit for delegating but not to the extent that Shanahan deserves. 

Defensive? I'm just wondering why you thought that was somehow relevant of Ozzie asking John's opinion when every GM does. 

I'm just saying the only fans defending this are the fans of the team whose coach won the award. Not ruling out bias. 

And I hate the 49ers with a passion, probably more so then the rest of the NFC East aside from Philly maybe. So I have giving them credit for anything. 

To your first question - because you literally answered a question about who was responsible for drafting and deciding to ride with Lamar Jackson as the Ravens QBOTF with “uh probably the GM that drafted him”, completely ignoring any semblance of input John had in that decision.

You said it yourself - GMs ask HC input about players all the time. Especially with a guy that polarizing. The Ravens did that. So that’s why it’s so interesting that, when confronted with the idea that John may be partially to thank for the Lamar Jackson experiment and the decision that went into that process, you ignored that and basically said “na that’s all the GM”, in hopes that would lessen Harbaugh because you’re arguing for Shanahan.

Argue for Shanahan, that’s fine. I don’t really care if you think John was deserving or not. I’m perfectly happy with that guy as my HC. But when you contradict yourself in a matter of 2 posts, and there’s just blatantly wrong information in there about the team you’re talking about, i’m going to say something and educate you about the topic you’re discussing. 

Sorry?

• Like 1