WR's - What is the plan?

Deadpulse

Do we go with outside help? If we do, is it FA or trade? 

Right now we have Julian, Dola, and Mitchell out indefinitely and Hogan limp, Dorsett with a knee, and Rex with what sounds like a cracked rib, pass catchers are of limited supply. Brandon Cooks is our only 100% WR right now and he seems to not fit right now with Brady and this offense. 

What does everything think the next move should be? Does anyone have their eye out for someone? 

43 minutes ago, nextsuperstar1 said:

Could use Austin Carr right now...

Dorsett, who took Carr's job, looked pretty good today.

Unless you think the Pats were going to carry 6 WR (Amendola, Mitchell, Cooks, Hogan, Dorsett, Carr) coming out of camp which would have been awful roster management.

8 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

As long as that keeps up I'm not going to go into panic mode and make a panic move.

I dont understand why everyone is classifying a roster move for a WR as a panic move. There is a possibility, however slim, that one of Hogan/Dorsett can't go as well as Rex, who did a lot as a pass catcher before going down with a rib injury. Adding a WR from the PS or the FA pile seems more standard procedure than panic move. 

3 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I dont understand why everyone is classifying a roster move for a WR as a panic move. There is a possibility, however slim, that one of Hogan/Dorsett can't go as well as Rex, who did a lot as a pass catcher before going down with a rib injury. Adding a WR from the PS or the FA pile seems more standard procedure than panic move. 

I think they will if Gronk and one of Dorsett/Amendola can't go.

It would be tough to go into a game with 2 TE and 3 WR active. They've done things like that before (go in extremely shorthanded at one position) if they think the situation will resolve itself in one week. But there's a few guys on the roster they probably could cut and not be heartbroken about if they got scooped up (Langi, Croston). But whoever they bring in is likely just a 1 week solution so you don't want to lose any depth, even a fringe player, for a 1 week move.

If Fleming is healthy, they could use a jumbo TE package and flex Allen or Hollister out or put Lewis/White in the slot full time.

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Wait on Amendola and Dorsett (have a feeling both will play). Hogan's knee didn't stop him from finishing the game.  If all that comes to pass, it's just Edelman, Mitchell and Rex out. Which we can cope with.

Have we still got Lucien in the PS?

Lucien is on the Colts practice squad 

Archived