WR's - What is the plan?

Deadpulse

Just now, goldfishwars said:

So, in theory we could just sign him to our active squad? Lucien was impressive in the preseason, odds were just stacked against him.

I believe the Pats have to wait until after week 3 because he was cut with an injury settlement. But that's when the player is a FA. I'm not sure how it works when the player is on another team's practice squad though. 

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Jaelen Strong yet. I don't know why he was in O'Brien doghouse and the way he was cut by Houston is concerning (considering their WR depth), but maybe he could provide some inside info about Houston's offense (though BB might not need that) besides contributing to the depth. Or not.

1 hour ago, LD696 said:

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Jaelen Strong yet. I don't know why he was in O'Brien doghouse and the way he was cut by Houston is concerning (considering their WR depth), but maybe he could provide some inside info about Houston's offense (though BB might not need that) besides contributing to the depth. Or not.

I'd bring him in for a look this week for sure. Dorsett was in a kinda similar situation in Indy, albeit with more success/not released.

2 hours ago, LD696 said:

I'm not surprised. Was not particularly high on Strong coming into the league. I thought he had the physical tools but not any of the mental ones to put it together. 

Archived