Sign in to follow this  
SteelersFan2333

Congrats Troy

Congrats to Troy on being a first ballot HOF! It was an honor watching him from draft day to retirement and if he wouldn’t have gotten in this year it would have been an outrage. Truly one of my favorite Steelers as much for his demeanor and who he was as the player he was, he was always total class. 

Faneca should’ve gotten in before Hutchinson...more All-Pro honors, more pro bowls and he played longer.

Plus IIRC, Faneca switched to LT for a good chunk of that 1 year costing him yet another All-Pro nod.

"to many steelers" is what probably blocked faneca this yr. I think he gets in soon tho

Troy

Jerome

Ben

Faneca

Cowher

and we had other guys who might have a case, but might get stuck in the "hall of very good"  tag or went crazy

Edited by August4th

Faneca is more HOF than Bettis and cowher . 

Troy was a for sure first ballot. If he wasn't, I don't think I would watch this league anymore.

I was watching some highlights last night and man do I miss watching Polamalu play. My favorite play of his was his diving one handed INT against the Chargers. I could not believe he was able to get hit hand under the ball. He’s made amazing plays in bigger moments but as an individual play that’s the one I think of when I think of Troy Polamalu. I miss the feeling of just knowing Troy was going to save the day.

On 2020-02-02 at 6:25 PM, Neumatic said:

I was watching some highlights last night and man do I miss watching Polamalu play. My favorite play of his was his diving one handed INT against the Chargers. I could not believe he was able to get hit hand under the ball. He’s made amazing plays in bigger moments but as an individual play that’s the one I think of when I think of Troy Polamalu. I miss the feeling of just knowing Troy was going to save the day.

I like that play but he had several being such a great player.  He had a similar Int vs the eagles that year too, then there was the several leaps over the OL etc.  We will never see another player make plays  like that.