Cowboys likely to use franchise tag on Dak Prescott

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, SwoleXmad said:

This is the worst decision the cowboys could make, let him hit the open market and let them get themselves a discount when he comes crawling back because no one else will pay him more than 28 million. 

I think the Cowboys are fearing that he will get a decent offer from at least one team. If that happens, they don't have a QB. The Cowboys are playing it safe. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

Let him walk, get the 3rd, trade up in th2 drafy for a better qb. 

10 wpuld be a great spot 1 of tua or fromm will be there.

Fromm at 10th overall. Even as an Eagles fan who takes a whole lot of jabs at Dak, that is an awful idea.

Tua will not make it past 5. No chance. I expect we'll see at least 3 QBs go in the top 7.

Bias aside, just sign the guy. It boggles my mind in an era where you have teams that can barely get above 6 wins without a good qb they have literally paid everyone but Dak. He literally proved in his first year that you *can* win with him given the right coaching and pieces around him. 

The dude gets hilariously overrated and underrated everywhere. People either think he's top 6 or bottom 10 in every thread. The reality is he's a fringe top 10 guy who can sometimes play better than that. Either the cowboys or daks agent are absolutely moronic not to get a deal done yet.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Danger said:

Fromm at 10th overall. Even as an Eagles fan who takes a whole lot of jabs at Dak, that is an awful idea.

Tua will not make it past 5. No chance. I expect we'll see at least 3 QBs go in the top 7.

Paying Dak puts the boys in an awkward situation imo, its been well discussed. The cowboys shouldn't be afraid to move on from him.

Browns nation is hoping 3 qbs go top 10, it gives a shot at one of the top 6 players in the draft sans the pass rusher from ohio state  

Just now, Kiwibrown said:

The cowboys shouldn't be afraid to move on from him.

The Cowboys are build to win now, letting him go effectively means you're throwing away 2-3 years of competing for a title while you get your QB situation outfitted. I also don't think McCarthy would appreciate being forced to throw in some crappy backup QB while they look for their next guy.

Franchise Quarterback is the hardest position in sports to solidify.

Just now, Hukos said:

The Cowboys are build to win now, letting him go effectively means you're throwing away 2-3 years of competing for a title while you get your QB situation outfitted. I also don't think McCarthy would appreciate being forced to throw in some crappy backup QB while they look for their next guy.

Franchise Quarterback is the hardest position in sports to solidify.

I think they are about to take a mini dive. They are likely losing a great player, either amari, dak, or the corner, i cant see them holding onto them all. 

Also i think their pass rusher is way over paid, he is just below mack and donald and not nearly as good. 

They are a good not great team and have overpaid to keep it together.