Cowboys likely to use franchise tag on Dak Prescott

RaidersAreOne

44 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Of course they would. It boggles my mind that people who spend time on a football website dont understand supply, demand and contracts. The dude above said he wouldnt pay Dak $25m... Are you kidding me? Im not going to get in a Dak debate on how good you think he is, for some unknown reason FF.com hates the guy. But if you dont think he would be the #1 hottest commodity in the open market you are insane. And that includes the GOAT Tom Brady. 

By "you", I dont mean HTTR specifically. 

Edited by Matts4313

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Which just further proves why we should. Every life choice you have ever made has been wrong. Starting with your love of Dan Snyder. 

If I'm being real based on how Dak performed last season and what the market IS right now. He's worth $32M AAV right now. I'm guessing he's pushing for $35M

1 minute ago, Danger said:

If I'm being real based on how Dak performed last season and what the market IS right now. He's worth $32M AAV right now. I'm guessing he's pushing for $35M

Dak didnt deny on Dan Patrick that the offer on the table was $32m. But there is no reason he is going to settle for less than Wentz and Goff at $34m. He beats both of them in every measurable way. Im guessing $36m. And if he waits until Mahommes signs its going to be more. We screwed up by not signing him first last offseason. 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Dak didnt deny on Dan Patrick that the offer on the table was $32m. But there is no reason he is going to settle for less than Wentz and Goff at $34m. He beats both of them in every measurable way. Im guessing $36m. And if he waits until Mahommes signs its going to be more. We screwed up by not signing him first last offseason. 

Wentz IS at $32M
Goff is at $33.5M (Looks overpaid right now obviously)

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Does he though?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Danger said:

Wentz IS at $32M
Goff is at $33.5M (Looks overpaid right now obviously)

Wentz has escalators I thought? And I am sure he will hit them. 

5 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

Does he though?

yes? Excluding trips to the superbowl, yeah, he is better than Goff and Wentz in pretty much every way. Statistically at least. Bulk, per game, efficiency, awards... He leads all the categories. 

4 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Wut

Tis a joke. Mknight hates Snyder. 

Edited by Matts4313

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/carson-wentz-18950/

That's the only mention of an escalator mentioned on their detailed contract analysis.

Hmm. I thought I read he had a bunch of them when the contract was done. But looking at that link, I can only assume I am misremembering this:

One-Time Bonuses
NFL MVP: $5M
Offensive Player of the Year: $5M
3 Pro Bowls or 2 + a Playoff Birth: $6M
Super Bowl Win + 70% Snaps: $5M