Cowboys likely to use franchise tag on Dak Prescott

RaidersAreOne

Just now, Matts4313 said:

2 probowls and a playoff birth seems highly likely to be hit

Yeah, that one I'll give you. Even still, I do think more or less just copying Howie's homework and just changing it a little bit would be fair for Stephen Jones to offer Dak.

5 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

I don't understand how Dallas cannot get this deal done. Whether Dak is worth it or not, he deserves the biggest contract right now as long as he signs before Mahomes and Watson. If he plays on the tag and sucks, I don't think his value even goes below $30M. 

Jerry stopped doing the contracts. He was always one to pay first and ask questions later. Stephen does them now. He is much more patient. It bit us with the DLaw contract. I think its going to bite us again with Dak. 

On the plus side, overall, Stephen has us in very good financial shape. 

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Jerry stopped doing the contracts. He was always one to pay first and ask questions later. Stephen does them now. He is much more patient. It bit us with the DLaw contract. I think its going to bite us again with Dak. 

On the plus side, overall, Stephen has us in very good financial shape. 

I cannot understand why the tag would be in play. The tag is for guys you are unsure about committing to long-term. At this point, they have to know Dak is the guy. If he hypothetically has a Goff 2019 season in his tag year, I still think he is going to expect more money than Goff since he signed 2 years later.

7 hours ago, Hukos said:

"Moving on" in this case means blowing up the entire team and firing everyone.

This is like when the internet went pikachuface.jpg when Kirk Cousins got his monster deal. QBs don't get paid the literal amount of what they're worth, they get paid much more.

Tell me - name the last team to win a SB who was paying their QB over 20% of the cap? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

Tell me - name the last team to win a SB who was paying their QB over 20% of the cap? 

What's more likely if the Cowboys move on from Dak?

Scenario A - they hit on a gem and he flourishes as a QB and they keep progressing from there.
Scenario B - they blow the whole team up, fire sale, trade everyone for picks, and go into a period of QB hell where it takes them 7-10+ years to find their next QB.

Hint: It's not Scenario A.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

Never.. But the point of a rising cap is that what is a high % today isnt so bad in the future. Im also pretty sure there has never been a player thats 20% of the cap. I doubt Dak will be the first. Mahomes might be though.

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Everyone other than Cowboys fans "Dak isn't a top 10 QB!"

Dak is no longer working with Linehan or Garrett and now has a HC known for developing QBs and a innovative OC for once. 

Assuming this team just doesnt implode again like the last half of the season you will see similar if not better numbers for him. Top 10 type numbers. 

3 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Dak is no longer working with Linehan or Garrett and now has a HC known for developing QBs and a innovative OC for once. 

Assuming this team just doesnt implode again like the last half of the season you will see similar if not better numbers for him. Top 10 type numbers. 

Why would I assume the Cowboys wouldn't implode?  They always implode.