Cowboys likely to use franchise tag on Dak Prescott

RaidersAreOne

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Maybe Brady to Dallas? Always found it weird Dallas, Vegas, and LAC were all 7 to 1 favorites to land Brady like a couple weeks ago. Made no sense to me Dallas was even part of the odds. 

It's likely only because Dak isn't officially set in stone.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Dak end up with the Patriots. I don't know why, but something about that move seems to fit! 

I'd still bet the house on him sticking with the Cowboys, though. I don't think anyone would pay him more than them - to the point where the Cowboys walk away anyway. 

On 2/2/2020 at 8:01 PM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

That would be unbelievable if he really was content to just take the tag and keep playing with no financial security.

I understand your overall point...but let's inject a little reality into this discussion

$ 33 million guaranteed = lifetime financial security unless you're a complete idiot with your cashish.
If he put just $ 6M into an account and earns 6.5 % interest...He'll earn nearly $ 400K a year forever without even touching the principal.
And that interest rate is low for an investment of that size. That's lifetime financial security.
And it doesn't include the other $12 million he'll net from the tag or the $ 4M he's earned already or any of his future football $$ or his endorsements

There are legit reasons to hold out for more coin, but "feeding your family" or having "financial security" aren't on that list

Edited by Shanedorf
  • Like 6

11 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

$ 33 million guaranteed = lifetime financial security unless you're a complete idiot with your cashish.
If he put just $ 6M into an account and earns 6.5 % interest...He'll earn nearly $ 400K a year forever without even touching the principal.

Since you posted this I'll point out that even with him holding out for 10 wks and reporting for the last 6 to accrue a season ala Vincent Jackson with SD. Dak will make close to $10M.

There is No reason to sign that Tag, None! He has the leverage Especially if the Cowboys get to the point where they are losing regular season games.

17 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

And that interest rate is low for an investment of that size.

lmao

Id stick with you day job instead of doling out internet financial advice friend. :D

(though your general point is correct, even if your numbers are wrong)

18 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Since you posted this I'll point out that even with him holding out for 10 wks and reporting for the last 6 to accrue a season ala Vincent Jackson with SD. Dak will make close to $10M.

There is No reason to sign that Tag, None! He has the leverage Especially if the Cowboys get to the point where they are losing regular season games.

Honestly dude, you just sound like an eagles fan who is hopeful Dak will hold out. 

Dak isn't going to hold out 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, N4L said:

Honestly dude, you just sound like an eagles fan who is hopeful Dak will hold out. 

Dak isn't going to hold out 

Honestly dont care one bit whether he plays or not. I'm not scared of Dak? You serious right now? I just find it funny how they managed to pay everyone but the Supposed Franchise QB? Paid the RB who held out, but then asked and expected Dak to show up ,be the good little Soldier, Face of the Franchise, say all the right things to the press , lead by example and We'll take care of you after the season, promise!!!😉

Here we are a year later after not only doing all of that but had his best statistical season to date and is possibly rewarded with the Tag?  GTFOH that doesn't show belief, it's the opposite!  They are essentially giving him the Cousins Treatment in Washington if they do that. 

We believe in you Dak, You are our future Dak, the face of the Cowboys Dak. However we need you to prove it again or take a Dallas Discount, You good? You are a Cowboy after all, remember that!!! All I'm saying is dont Mitch up, stand your ground because you hold all of the leverage. That's all.

Theres no reason his contract should not be equal too or eclipsing Goff/Wentz! No Reason! That's on Jerry and Son for waiting and playing hardball.

Edited by Nabbs4u

11 hours ago, PatriotsWin! said:

Brady going to Dallas makes little sense. The Patriots trading for Dak makes even less sense. Where are these crazy rumors coming from :|

The rumors that circle around Dallas are always bananas. And the internet loves to eat them up as possibilities. 

1 hour ago, showtime said:

I haven't followed this too closely as of late.  What's the basic number Dak wants per year and what do the Cowboys want to pay Dak? 

Rumors are that he wants ~$35m/yr-ish and we offered $32-33m/yr. Should be close on an AAV basis. Still no clue about the other factors.

1 hour ago, showtime said:

Does Dak want more than Goff or Wentz?

Of course he does. He is better then them in every measurable way and is getting paid a year later.