Cowboys likely to use franchise tag on Dak Prescott

RaidersAreOne

18 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Rumors are that he wants ~$35m/yr-ish and we offered $32-33m/yr. Should be close on an AAV basis. Still no clue about the other factors.

Of course he does. He is better then them in every measurable way and is getting paid a year later. 

Goff probably, Wentz no, if anything they are identical.

3 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

Nope. Wrong.

Wentz leads in exactly 1 category over Dak. Passes thrown less than 5 yards :D. But virtually every other per game stat (combined Pass + Rush) favors Dak. Efficiency or Bulk. 

Passing Rushing Receiving
Rk Player From To AV G QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD Rate Lng Int Sk Yds Y/A AY/A NY/A ANY/A Att Yds TD Y/A Lng Rec Yds TD Y/R Lng
1 Dak Prescott 2016 2019 60 64 40-24-0 1363 2071 65.8 15778 97 97.0 90 36 136 826 7.6 7.77 6.77 6.92 241 1221 21 5.1 42 0 0 0   0
2 Carson Wentz 2016 2019 45 56 32-24-0 1311 2055 63.8 14191 97 92.7 73 35 129 807 6.9 7.08 6.13 6.30 206 785 3 3.8 24 2 11 0 5.5 7
Edited by Matts4313

29 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Nope. Wrong.

Wentz leads in exactly 1 category over Dak. Passes thrown less than 5 yards :D. But virtually every other per game stat (combined Pass + Rush) favors Dak. Efficiency or Bulk. 

Passing Rushing Receiving
Rk Player From To AV G QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD Rate Lng Int Sk Yds Y/A AY/A NY/A ANY/A Att Yds TD Y/A Lng Rec Yds TD Y/R Lng
1 Dak Prescott 2016 2019 60 64 40-24-0 1363 2071 65.8 15778 97 97.0 90 36 136 826 7.6 7.77 6.77 6.92 241 1221 21 5.1 42 0 0 0   0
2 Carson Wentz 2016 2019 45 56 32-24-0 1311 2055 63.8 14191 97 92.7 73 35 129 807 6.9 7.08 6.13 6.30 206 785 3 3.8 24 2 11 0 5.5 7

Boom, hit me with some knowledge. Shouldn't have even commented, not going to lie, don't really watch too much of either team, except for what I see on SC. I just assumed they were fairly close to one another.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

Boom, hit me with some knowledge. Shouldn't have even commented, not going to lie, don't really watch too much of either team, except for what I see on SC. I just assumed they were fairly close to one another.

Discourse and discussion are the central themes of any good forum my man. Always share your opinion. Even if its wrong ;)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dwaye50327 said:

The fact they are even close in several categories Passing TD, Passing yds, ect despite Dak playing 8 more games (1/2 a season worth), speaks more volume IMO.

The only thing Dak is clearly better then Wentz at, is staying healthy. Kudos!🍺

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

The fact they are even close in several categories Passing TD, Passing yds, ect despite Dak playing 8 more games (1/2 a season worth), speaks more volume IMO.

The only thing Dak is clearly better then Wentz at, is staying healthy. Kudos!🍺

All his per game and efficiency stats are better as well. Nothing to do with bulk.

And stop liking this jokers post @evilpimp972... He is wrong about everything Cowboys related. 

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

On 2/8/2020 at 11:58 PM, Nabbs4u said:

Honestly dont care one bit whether he plays or not. I'm not scared of Dak? You serious right now? I just find it funny how they managed to pay everyone but the Supposed Franchise QB? Paid the RB who held out, but then asked and expected Dak to show up ,be the good little Soldier, Face of the Franchise, say all the right things to the press , lead by example and We'll take care of you after the season, promise!!!😉

Here we are a year later after not only doing all of that but had his best statistical season to date and is possibly rewarded with the Tag?  GTFOH that doesn't show belief, it's the opposite!  They are essentially giving him the Cousins Treatment in Washington if they do that. 

We believe in you Dak, You are our future Dak, the face of the Cowboys Dak. However we need you to prove it again or take a Dallas Discount, You good? You are a Cowboy after all, remember that!!! All I'm saying is dont Mitch up, stand your ground because you hold all of the leverage. That's all.

Theres no reason his contract should not be equal too or eclipsing Goff/Wentz! No Reason! That's on Jerry and Son for waiting and playing hardball.

I've noticed that Eagles fans often say some pretty outlandish things about Dak, but I have to agree with you on this one Nabbs.  I just don't understand why Dallas hasn't signed Dak yet.  He is obviously a very important part of their roster.  He is a good football player.  Why hasn't Jerruh just signed him and moved onto other matters?  It doesn't sound like Dak has been outrageously demanding in what he wants.  It just doesn't seem in character for a guy like Jerruh who hasn't shown an aversion to getting his checkbook out.  I just don't get it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

I've noticed that Eagles fans often say some pretty outlandish things about Dak, but I have to agree with you on this one Nabbs.  I just don't understand why Dallas hasn't signed Dak yet.  He is obviously a very important part of their roster.  He is a good football player.  Why hasn't Jerruh just signed him and moved onto other matters?  It doesn't sound like Dak has been outrageously demanding in what he wants.  It just doesn't seem in character for a guy like Jerruh who hasn't shown an aversion to getting his checkbook out.  I just don't get it.

Jerry doesnt sign players any more. Stephen does. And this is exactly his MO. 

19 hours ago, dwaye50327 said:

Can we stop with this narrative that Dak is better than Goff and Wentz? Or definitively better than Goff? It's just sad. Dak plays in the worst division in football and couldn't make the playoffs. Also, couldn't win said division when Philly had more injuries than a WWII platoon.

Goff had a down year so maybe it's a recency bias, but the man plays in the NFC West and took his team to the Super Bowl. When Dak comes close to that behind a top 10 O-Line, Top 5 RB, and best route runner in NFL in Cooper, I'll concede he's better. Until then, he is Kirk Cousins with better leadership skills and back story. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Dallas is acting (seemingly) like they actually have a better option available to them. They dont. They're not gonna get Brady or Rivers any cheaper. Dalton, Newton, Tannehil arent better.

No Dalton, Newton, Tannehill, are not better but none of them are going to demand 35 mil. Paying someone that much money cripples organizations. Are you going to say that Dak is an IT factor that will get Dallas to a Superbowl? Highly doubt that. It would be smart for Dallas to let him test the market and see what team would pay him the money, transition tag is cheaper then the franchise and it allows him to see what teams are willing to pay him and if they do then Dallas has an opportunity to match it.

I think average QBs are reaping the rewards of these high contracts off the coat tails of actually good qbs, which is why they are getting stupid money. Jimmy G played 5 games with San Fran before getting paid top dollar. They didnt get to the superbowl because he carried them, he did enough to get things done with a young defense that allowed them to draft high the past few years, when it comes time to pay the defense the Qb will be expendable and changes need to be made. Stafford top 5 paid qb and how have the lions panned out with him since getting paid? Have yet to see that team sniff the playoffs since Megatron retired. Like I said average QBs getting paid Elite money is going to cripple teams, take that money invest it in other players and build a system that works for the Organization. Tom Brady and Pats, as much as I hate them they are in a system in which works, even your steelers has a system in which it works. Yes they have highly talented QBs but when one goes down the team still manages to put together a solid season. We know what Dak can do and we know when your down 10+ points he is not going to march down the field like Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Patrick Mahomes to win the game. Dak is a guy that needs a defense to keep the game close so he can finish the job towards the end when they are up a few or down a few and to me a clock managing qb shouldnt be touching 30 mil a year.