RaidersAreOne

Cowboys likely to use franchise tag on Dak Prescott

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

I agree with the premise of your arguement.

The IT factor for Dallas is getting a defense.

Nah just a legit DC.

We already have the talent. Adding on wouldn't be bad.

Is Dak really gonna get 40 mil a year? Need a Dallas fan with actual knowledge to inform me.

I, unlike many others on this forum, actually see him as a good QB, though he has some very vital flaws he can still ball out if hes having a good game, plus, his HC was Jason Garrett lmao come on like we're expecting this kid to get a SB under that guy

On 2/11/2020 at 7:41 PM, Matts4313 said:

Rumors are that he wants ~$35m/yr-ish and we offered $32-33m/yr. Should be close on an AAV basis. Still no clue about the other factors.

How bad is it going to look on your salary cap with his and Zeke contract? (that twitter post in this thread said they were targeting a 5+ year deal which is better iirc)

I don't know a thing about the Cowboys but I know you guys have a pretty stacked team rn.

On 2/12/2020 at 8:17 AM, Uncle Buck said:

I've noticed that Eagles fans often say some pretty outlandish things about Dak, but I have to agree with you on this one Nabbs.  I just don't understand why Dallas hasn't signed Dak yet.  He is obviously a very important part of their roster.  He is a good football player.  Why hasn't Jerruh just signed him and moved onto other matters?  It doesn't sound like Dak has been outrageously demanding in what he wants.  It just doesn't seem in character for a guy like Jerruh who hasn't shown an aversion to getting his checkbook out.  I just don't get it.

Because on some level, Jerry doesn't believe in Dak. They can pretend all they want but they are treating him exactly like Snyder did Cousins. Prove it again to Me year in year out.

Otherwise they would of signed Dak last offseason BEFORE the Goff /Wentz deals and for probably around $28M not the going rate of $35M. But they viewed it as Too Much!!!! Would of extended him during the season rather then paying 3-4 other players massive contracts. Have a deal already in place right now not intentionally low balling him under the Two players above but eclipsing said numbers.

Jerry's playing hardball against himself.  He's the idiot who waited and expected a "Dallas Discount" when in fact he had Probably the best discount in the NFL for 5 yrs! Pay the Piper and Suck it up Buttercup. You created this!!

Edited by Nabbs4u