If the Raiders signed Brady, would you pursue Carr?

malagabears

I haven't completely jumped off the Mitch train just yet but I can't see why Carr and us aren't the perfect match...he is a clearly talented QB who would fit really well in our version of the RPO...he is still only 28 years old as well so you could get 8-10 years out of him...that is worth significant investment if they don't believe in Mitch.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I haven't completely jumped off the Mitch train just yet but I can't see why Carr and us aren't the perfect match...he is a clearly talented QB who would fit really well in our version of the RPO...he is still only 28 years old as well so you could get 8-10 years out of him...that is worth significant investment if they don't believe in Mitch.

I’m a little lower on Carr than you, but the bolded  part is IMO the most relevant - I haven’t seen anything to suggest that the team, the front office or the coaching staff has thrown in the towel on Mitch, and if they haven’t then Carr isn’t a real option anyway. 

31 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I’m a little lower on Carr than you, but the bolded  part is IMO the most relevant - I haven’t seen anything to suggest that the team, the front office or the coaching staff has thrown in the towel on Mitch, and if they haven’t then Carr isn’t a real option anyway. 

I agree that I don't think this franchise has given up on Mitch...I think the only reason we move on to a new QB is if we can get a clear cut #1 QB who is a real franchise guy...it's the reason I have no interest in spending a chunk of cap space on a Dalton or Mariota...I have always been pretty high on Carr and do see him as a franchise QB...for the right deal I pull the trigger.

16 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I agree that I don't think this franchise has given up on Mitch...I think the only reason we move on to a new QB is if we can get a clear cut #1 QB who is a real franchise guy...it's the reason I have no interest in spending a chunk of cap space on a Dalton or Mariota...I have always been pretty high on Carr and do see him as a franchise QB...for the right deal I pull the trigger.

If Carr is a real franchise guy then don't you think the Raiders would want to do anything they could to keep him then? If he becomes available it's for a reason. Teams don't just let special players leave. That's my take anyway..

20 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

If Carr is a real franchise guy then don't you think the Raiders would want to do anything they could to keep him then? If he becomes available it's for a reason. Teams don't just let special players leave. That's my take anyway..

That's absolutely horrible logic. You're assuming the Raiders braintrust would be proceeding logically. And that Carr and Brady would be roughly equivalent, as far as quarterbacks go. 

All kinds of fail in that post. 

The Bears would clearly (at this point, anyway) be better off with Carr over Trubisky. 

2 hours ago, topwop1 said:

He is too boring for Gruden.

I think the only way he is available is if they land a superior player like Tom.

2 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

That's absolutely horrible logic. You're assuming the Raiders braintrust would be proceeding logically. And that Carr and Brady would be roughly equivalent, as far as quarterbacks go. 

All kinds of fail in that post. 

The Bears would clearly (at this point, anyway) be better off with Carr over Trubisky. 

Haha ok thanks for pointing that out Heinz. 

I don't see the flawed logic. 

For as much as you want to discredit the Raiders organization no team is going to ever release or trade a special player at the QB position that's in his prime unless we have another Jay Cutler/Denver type of situation and even then Jay was not a special QB so it's not even a good example.  

Brady is a superior QB no doubt about it...he's the GOAT...but how many good years do you think Brady even has left? 

Edited by topwop1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Brady is a superior QB no doubt about it...he's the GOAT...but how many good years do you think Brady even has left? 

Don't think Gruden sees it this way. I think he's a "Sell tickets, sell merch, hopefully make the playoffs" so they can make the transition into LV smooth.

3 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Haha ok thanks for pointing that out Heinz. 

I don't see the flawed logic. 

For as much as you want to discredit the Raiders organization no team is going to ever release or trade a special player at the QB position that's in his prime unless we have another Jay Cutler/Denver type of situation and even then Jay was not a special QB so it's not even a good example.  

If they release or trade Carr (to get Brady)...they're not making a very good decision, IMO. 

And it will most likely come back to bite them.

That's all I'm saying...

7 hours ago, topwop1 said:

I feel Gruden has his guys...Mack is a very special player who became available.