If the Raiders signed Brady, would you pursue Carr?

malagabears

47 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I’m not sure you’re wrong, but all that’s going to do is make it harder for Mitch to succeed and further entrench that if he doesn’t we will be in a lesser position next offseason to sign or draft the best possible replacement. Catastrophic Mitch failure in 2020 is better than both of those options for me. 

I am on board. I just don’t think they want to sit through another entire season meltdown.

I don’t expect they make a bold move like Carr or Bridgewater, but they will invest.

As you said, that doesn’t really jive with going all in to help the QB, but I think this is where the divide is between Pace and Nagy.

39 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

If Pace and Nagy have the kind of job security and support from the front office many seem to think then a two-handed all in push on doing everything possible to make Mitch successful in 2020 should be the only play. If the concern is maximizing THIS window the best way is to make THIS QB successful. 

I honestly think Pace wants to do that.

I think Nagy wants a veteran he can turn to if the season starts slipping.

We have heard somewhat different takes of the QB spot from those guys. Pace needs Trubiksy to work and Nagy wants his system to work, and those two things might not be possible together.

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

The QB position is bad.

The thought that they are going to go from bad to elite at QB is highly unlikely.

Going from Bad to good would be a huge move for them.

I'm gonna post the best comparison between Carr and Dalton I've come across yet and it's not only stats.  It's a full blown analysis of any factor any GM or HC might consider in deciding between the two .  I'm gonna post it as a separate thread because it's lengthy but read it please then decide if you still prefer Carr.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

They entire post, conversation, and previous posts were about the QB position.

The thread is a QB thread.

Sorry, I'm divorced now and have been for a very long time so as I posted my mind reading skills have diminished through lack of use.

And there is a difference between saying the Bears have a bad QB situation and simply saying "The Bears are bad".  One is not the same as the other and I don't simply guess at what someone may mean.  I interpret what IS written not what they SHOULD have written.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soulman said:

I'm gonna post the best comparison between Carr and Dalton I've come across yet and it's not only stats.  It's a full blown analysis of any factor any GM or HC might consider in deciding between the two .  I'm gonna post it as a separate thread because it's lengthy but read it please then decide if you still prefer Carr.

Please do.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, soulman said:

Sorry, I'm divorced now and have been for a very long time so as I posted my mind reading skills have diminished through lack of use.

And there is a difference between saying the Bears have a bad QB situation and simply saying "The Bears are bad".  One is not the same as the other and I don't simply guess at what someone may mean.  I interpret what IS written not what they SHOULD have written.

The Bears are bad at QB.

Edited by WindyCity
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

The Bears are bad at QB.

LOL.....thank you.  Can I help it that I'm a very literal person?  xD

Comes from having read too many contracts and prospectuses looking for "weasel clauses" and other misstatements of fact.

16 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I am on board. I just don’t think they want to sit through another entire season meltdown.

I don’t expect they make a bold move like Carr or Bridgewater, but they will invest.

As you said, that doesn’t really jive with going all in to help the QB, but I think this is where the divide is between Pace and Nagy.

What divide?  Pace presumably hired Nagy because he shares the same beliefs and vision for how he wants the Bears to be successful.  These two guys are on the same page.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

What divide?  Pace presumably hired Nagy because he shares the same beliefs and vision for how he wants the Bears to be successful.  These two guys are on the same page.

I do not think they are in lock step on the QB. Nagy has been more critical of Mitch in the 2 times he has spoken this offseason.

I suspect that Nagy wants Trubisky on a shorter leash than Pace, who has more invested in the QB than the coach who was not hear when 10 was picked. All that natters for Nagy is winning none of his reputation is tied to Mitch. Evaluators are not judged by the same criteria as coaches. There resume is often discussed in terms of individual moves and picks as often as wins and loses.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

I do not think they are in lock step on the QB. Nagy has been more critical of Mitch in the 2 times he has spoken this offseason.

I suspect that Nagy wants Trubisky on a shorter leash than Pace, who has more invested in the QB than the coach who was not hear when 10 was picked. All that natters for Nagy is winning none of his reputation is tied to Mitch. Evaluators are not judged by the same criteria as coaches. There resume is often discussed in terms of individual moves and picks as often as wins and loses.

Sure but both guys obviously want to win and be successful.  If Pace will be afforded the luxury of time to see that Mitch gets enough exposure so he can be fairly assessed, then surely so will Nagy, since Pace is the guy who hired him.

4 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Yeah, I don't see that at all either.

Mitch has the #1 role now because he's the ONLY QB we have under contract so what else could Pace say?  He's also said they will bring in experienced vet talent to compete although we still don't know who that means and may not for another couple of weeks.  Even if a trade is announced it's not official 'til March 18th and no one can even discuss possible FA deals 'til March 16th.  Mitch will go into camp as the #1.  Whether or not he's still #1 for the opener remains to be seen.  Anything can happen between now and then.

We've all seen how this works before.  It's like the first day of the draft with all kinds of last minute deals being done as teams shift around to get who they want.  I expect no less on March 18th.  There will be a flurry of first wave moves lasting for several days then a break 'til the second wave happens.  Unless we get more info I have no idea exactly what Pace will decide to do in any one of several situations.  He may do nothing at all 'til the 18th or after based on what kind of deals are being made around him.

5 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Sure but both guys obviously want to win and be successful.  If Pace will be afforded the luxury of time to see that Mitch gets enough exposure so he can be fairly assessed, then surely so will Nagy, since Pace is the guy who hired him.

Sure, big picture if they are being given time they probably are going to see what Trubisky can be, but if Trubisky is struggling early I doubt Nagy is going to wait for him to work through it.

Even if they are guaranteed to survive, I don’t see Nagy wanting to sit through another 2019 Mitch season.

3 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Sure, big picture if they are being given time they probably are going to see what Trubisky can be, but if Trubisky is struggling early I doubt Nagy is going to wait for him to work through it.

Even if they are guaranteed to survive, I don’t see Nagy wanting to sit through another 2019 Mitch season.

That’s fair, but if he’s willing to go with him week 1 only to bench him week 3 then he should never have been given a chance at all. If you let him play you have to actually let him play. 

• Like 1