Elky

Do you wish the NFL was less popular?

Lately I've been digging baseball more because of how overexposed the NFL is.

I hate some of the way they drag things out. Like, the build up to the draft is just too much for me now, and I'm still a bigger fan of the old draft weekend. 

I hate all the crap that comes with the super bowl. 

But overall, I don't think that it impacts too much and I don't think those things are decided strictly by popularity (unless you're looking at it from a popularity / maximizing financials perspective). 

My favorite two sports are football and hockey...so if anything, they cancel each other out with the popularity for my fandom. 

only in america is it popular its actually not popular at all compared to soccer and basketball .  only canada really semi watches nfl .  it failed in europe .

the games are to slow and have to many commercials i love nfl   but to be honest each game only has about 4 minutes of action .  its run a 8 second play then wait 45 seconds to run another .   thats why i am pumped for xfl   much better rules that i would love the nfl to steal   .   kick offs are horrible almost no point its always a touch back . xfl kick off rule is superior so is the 20 second play clock and double forward pass and kick off change rule . i hope nfl steals their rules

8 minutes ago, coltstrong said:

the games are to slow and have to many commercials i love nfl   but to be honest each game only has about 4 minutes of action .  its run a 8 second play then wait 45 seconds to run another .   thats why i am pumped for xfl   much better rules that i would love the nfl to steal   .   kick offs are horrible almost no point its always a touch back . xfl kick off rule is superior so is the 20 second play clock and double forward pass and kick off change rule . i hope nfl steals their rules

@mtmmike I think this dude challenges you to a grammar duel. 

I want people to punish the league for the wussification of the game and garbage officiating by leaving. Because I don’t have the conviction to.

But if It’s all going to be the same I don’t want to be on the hipster side of things.

only if that meant prices for tickets and NFL merchandise in general started going down

56 minutes ago, Forge said:

I hate some of the way they drag things out. Like, the build up to the draft is just too much for me now, and I'm still a bigger fan of the old draft weekend. 

They are also pushing back free agency too far (it used to be in February, but it will be on March 18th this year).

51 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

@mtmmike I think this dude challenges you to a grammar duel. 

@Kiwibrown can get into a nice standoff too

53 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

@mtmmike I think this dude challenges you to a grammar 

Oh well 17 fresh powder days here in jackson Wyoming 

1 hour ago, coltstrong said:

only in america is it popular its actually not popular at all compared to soccer and basketball .  only canada really semi watches nfl .  it failed in europe .

Dont worry about bleach anybody that criticizes typing on super bowl day that's speaks louder about his life then anything you can type.

4 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I got me a dictionary.

How due you spell that