Do you wish the NFL was less popular?

Elky

I don’t love the pro wrestling glamour it’s become. The reach for stars is a bit much too, such as Collinsworth saying any good throw is “Mahomes-esque” or any one handed catch is “Odell Beckham like”... good football players are great on their own.

However I think the kids and casual fans love the stardom so I get it- I just don’t personally need players jammed in my face to recognize talent. 

Now the military worship on the other hand...

No. But I dislike how they pander to non-football fans rather than football fans.

- changing the rules to favor passing/offenses

- media’s nearly complete focus on QBs and their weapons

- influx of non-football stuff during the wee of the Super Bowl

More or less related: I’m also against how the league focus heavily on fantasy football. As Bill says, “stats are for losers,” not winners.

Of course I get why all these things exist - it’s all about money - but if you’re asking me what I wish was different...

Edited by Duluther
  • Like 3

I love watching the game but yes I do believe the NFL is over saturated in the media and the culture by a lot. I also think league is pretty self absorbed. The 100 years of the NFL pregame ceremony was pretty cringe worthy (except for the WWII vets of course). Funny they want to celebrate the game but not take care of their own veteran players.

On 2/2/2020 at 3:43 PM, coltstrong said:

the games are to slow and have to many commercials i love nfl   but to be honest each game only has about 4 minutes of action .  its run a 8 second play then wait 45 seconds to run another .   thats why i am pumped for xfl   much better rules that i would love the nfl to steal   .   kick offs are horrible almost no point its always a touch back . xfl kick off rule is superior so is the 20 second play clock and double forward pass and kick off change rule . i hope nfl steals their rules

Out of all the major sports, describing the NFL as lacking action is a head scratcher.

9 hours ago, RabidPanther89 said:

I love watching the game but yes I do believe the NFL is over saturated in the media and the culture by a lot. I also think league is pretty self absorbed. The 100 years of the NFL pregame ceremony was pretty cringe worthy (except for the WWII vets of course). Funny they want to celebrate the game but not take care of their own veteran players.

Thats what this website is for. Talking the game in commercial breaks. The NFL actually reduced the # of commercials a few years ago IIRC. And now they are playing them during challenges and what not so that the game speed isnt affected. 

No.

• I wish the NBA wasn't so boring and over half the teams didn't make the playoffs and you didn't go into every season knowing only 3 teams have a realistic chance of winning it all.
  • I wish that baseball wasn't so ridiculously unfair with certain teams like the Dodgers and Yankees being able to spend 3x as much as teams like the Padres, Royals and Rays.
  • I wish that I actually liked watching hockey.
Edited by Bolts223
  • Like 2