Superb Owl Discussion Thread

MacReady

6 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

This same team has been caught multiple times cheating, this year even. Yeah, no reason to believe that drone was their's.

Could very well be....cant say....but SBs draw HUGE media attention and media outlets have drone cameras. Just sayin.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Could very well be....cant say....but SBs draw HUGE media attention and media outlets have drone cameras. Just sayin.

Plenty of ordinary citizens have camera drones these days. You can buy them at Target or Best Buy. 54 people were busted flying drones at the last superbowl. If falcons security say they fetermined it was a local resident, I don’t have much reason to believe that’s not true

Just now, Cakeshoppe said:

Plenty of ordinary citizens have camera drones these days. You can buy them at Target or Best Buy. 54 people were busted flying drones at the last superbowl. If falcons security say they fetermined it was a local resident, I don’t have much reason to believe that’s not true

That's not the question.  The question is how much Belichick paid the local resident and how he got the footage. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

That's not the question.  The question is how much Belichick paid the local resident and how he got the footage. 

No, that's not the question because Belichick isn't that stupid.

The question is how much one of the lower assistants/non football people paid to the local resident for the footage.  

There is no way BB would let it link directly to him.  He is the master.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

No, that's not the question because Belichick isn't that stupid.

The question is how much one of the lower assistants/non football people paid to the local resident for the footage.  

There is no way BB would let it link directly to him.  He is the master.

If we can't all agree on the question, can we all agree on the answer at least?  That being, BB through whatever channel, probably got the footage.

1 hour ago, KManX89 said:

Granted, the Pats DID film the Falcons' SB walkthrough by flying a drone over their stadium, but yeah.

But I'm pleased with the result. Pats dynasty is over and Jimmy G chokes in the SB. Also glad we apparently gave the Chiefs the blue print to heave that 44 yard completion which set the tone for said chokejob. 

I call bollocks on that. If they had actually done that, which I really don't believe they did, then how do you explain 28-3? The Falcons flat out dominated the first 3 quarters of that game and then Shanny threw the game away by putting going away from what was working for them; just like he did Sunday. He was the one who choked, not Jimmy G. Jimmy is a game manager QB that can make a play or three when necessary. He's a rich man's Alex Smith with more mobility...

4 minutes ago, Joe said:

I call bollocks on that. If they had actually done that, which I really don't believe they did, then how do you explain 28-3? The Falcons flat out dominated the first 3 quarters of that game and then Shanny threw the game away by putting going away from what was working for them; just like he did Sunday. He was the one who choked, not Jimmy G. Jimmy is a game manager QB that can make a play or three when necessary. He's a rich man's Alex Smith with more mobility...

Drone only caught the second half of practice.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Joe said:

IIRC, Jimmy G missed a wide open Emmanuel Sanders for a TD.  Terrible call or terrible execution? I thought it was a great call, a game winning call if your $130M QB can make the play.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joe said:

This same team has been caught NUMEROUS TIMES CHEATING, as recently as THIS YEAR. If you actually believe it was a local resident who had no connection to the Pats and they didn't get a hold of the footage for the biggest game of the year after they just got caught filming a 1 win team with a rookie coach (!) on top of all their other cheating scandals, I have a bridge on the moon I'd like to sell to you.

Oh and BTW, Billy B magically had an answer for everything the Falcons did in the second half, stupid playcalling aside. Hmm...

Edited by KManX89

3 hours ago, KManX89 said:

This same team has been caught NUMEROUS TIMES CHEATING, as recently as THIS YEAR. If you actually believe it was a local resident who had no connection to the Pats and they didn't get a hold of the footage for the biggest game of the year after they just got caught filming a 1 win team with a rookie coach (!) on top of all their other cheating scandals, I have a bridge on the moon I'd like to sell to you.

Oh and BTW, Billy B magically had an answer for everything the Falcons did in the second half, stupid playcalling aside. Hmm...

Ehh, I find it 100% plausible that some jack*** would fly a drone where they aren't supposed to. Those things are also not exactly silent and operate on line of sight. I'd imagine that security found whoever was flying it within minutes and shut it down. Could it be the Patriots? sure. But the Falcons also had every opportunity to raise a stink if they had any reason to think that and didn't.

2 hours ago, Cakeshoppe said:

But the Falcons also had every opportunity to raise a stink if they had any reason to think that and didn't.

All we know is that if the Falcons did raise a stink, it wasn't made public. Most gripes weren't
In the ESPN article, they talked about how often the other owners griped to League officials over crapola that the Pats were pulling.
But Roger et al had a vested interest in not soiling the image of the league further, nor shining a light on how impotent they were to stop it:

"To many owners and coaches, the expediency of the NFL's investigation -- and the Patriots' and Goodell's insistence that no games were tilted by the spying -- seemed dubious. It reminded them of something they had seen before from the league and Patriots: At least two teams had caught New England videotaping their coaches' signals in 2006, yet the league did nothing. Further, NFL competition committee members had, over the years, fielded numerous allegations about New England breaking an array of rules. Still nothing."

https://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/13533995/split-nfl-new-england-patriots-apart

I agree that this droning was likely just a local droning, but the track record of the NE franchise doesn't earn them the benefit of the doubt.

Edited by Shanedorf

Man, Goff missing Cooks, Garoppolo missing Sanders... I just having a feeling if we’d made it to the Super Bowl that would have been Rodgers missing Jones or Jimmy or someone.  I would not I could not survive that.

We definitely would have lost to the Chiefs.  It would have been close.  We would have had a lead entering the 4th quarter.  

I’ll take a beat down in the Championship game over a Super Bowl heartbreaker any year.

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Man, Goff missing Cooks, Garoppolo missing Sanders... I just having a feeling if we’d made it to the Super Bowl that would have been Rodgers missing Jones or Jimmy or someone.  I would not I could not survive that.

We definitely would have lost to the Chiefs.  It would have been close.  We would have had a lead entering the 4th quarter.  

I’ll take a beat down in the Championship game over a Super Bowl heartbreaker any year.

Mahomes sucked for a majority of that game. We could've beat them. He played worse than Matt Moore did versus us.

44 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Mahomes sucked for a majority of that game. We could've beat them. He played worse than Matt Moore did versus us.

Lol.  Against Nick Bosa, April Armstead, Defirest Buckner, Solomon Thomas if he’s anything, Warner, Ward, Sherman...