Jump to content
Outpost31

Superb Owl Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Nobody outside of either fanbase cares.

Agree on this one. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, squire12 said:

Plenty of people remember super participants,  both winner and loser.

I don't even remember the winners myself lol. I don't think I could name you the last 5 winners in order

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Y’all a bunch of losers.

Chiefs over Niners.

Patriots over Rams.

Eagles over Patriots.

Patriots over Falcons.

Broncos over Panthers.

 Patriots over Seahawks.

Seahawks over Broncos.

Ravens/Niners.

Giants/Patriots.

Packers/Steelers.

Saints/Colts.

Steelers/Cardinals.

Colts/Bears.

Steelers/Seahawks.

Patriots/Panthers or Eagles.

Patriots Panthers or Eagles.

Buccaneers/Raiders.

Patriots/Rams.

Ravens/Giants.

Rams/Titans.

Thats all from memory.  I remember most of the games, too.  Least memorable was Ravens over Giants followed by Ravens over Niners. But I remember every Super Bowl I ever watched.  I mostly remember how the losers lost, too.  Inches short for Titans.  Grossman turning everything over. Manning’s pick six.  I remember the Clay forced fumble and Collins pick six better than I remember any Rodgers throw.

I would never recover from a Super Bowl loss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Y’all a bunch of losers.

Chiefs over Niners.

Patriots over Rams.

Eagles over Patriots.

Patriots over Falcons.

Broncos over Panthers.

 Patriots over Seahawks.

Seahawks over Broncos.

Ravens/Niners.

Giants/Patriots.

Packers/Steelers.

Saints/Colts.

Steelers/Cardinals.

Colts/Bears.

Steelers/Seahawks.

Patriots/Panthers or Eagles.

Patriots Panthers or Eagles.

Buccaneers/Raiders.

Patriots/Rams.

Ravens/Giants.

Rams/Titans.

I would never recover from a Super Bowl loss.

Memory from constantly checking to make sure no QB above 12% cap and backing up arguments on ILBs and IOLs.  Neeerd. 😉

I couldn't match a year to a matchup even looking at those if they werent in order.

Only remember the Seahawks and Broncos game, outside of the Packers obvi, because i made baaaank off that when I had none.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Thats all from memory.  I remember most of the games, too.  Least memorable was Ravens over Giants followed by Ravens over Niners. But I remember every Super Bowl I ever watched.  I mostly remember how the losers lost, too.  Inches short for Titans.  Grossman turning everything over. Manning’s pick six.  I remember the Clay forced fumble and Collins pick six better than I remember any Rodgers throw.

I'll never forget the Rodgers to Jennings throw on a third and long.  Jennings on the left slot.  Ran a skinny post.  Probably 5 mins left in the game.  Steelers knew it was coming, defensed it and Rodgers put the ball where only Jennings could get it.  And he did.  Ran three more plays, killed some clock and the game was all but over.

I'll always remember that throw.  It was a lazer/dart.  You've forgotten about it because it was a risky throw over the middle.  No way he throws that ball now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I would never recover from a Super Bowl loss.

We were in the stands for Packers-broncos in SB 32...
we gave away all the beer/food we had in the trunk for the post-game victory party and drove him in utter disbelief
I've made my peace with it now, but it took years for the scars to heal up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I legit do not remember a thing from the Bears-Colts superbowl other than the kickoff return. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, St Vince said:

At the end of day you want to get immortalized as a SB champion instead of a SB loser. As great of a run SF had if you don't win the big one it's all for nought. No one remembers SB loser's.

A hell of lot more people remember SB losers versus Championship game losers. I'd rather make it to the SB every time and live with the results versus lose in another NFCCG. The Super Bowl is it's own show. You get two weeks of media coverage and anticipation after winning your conference title. Losing in a conference championship is pretty much the same as losing in the wild card round except it hurts more and you get a worse draft pick. Losing in either game sucks, but I'd rather make it to the SB versus miss out on it altogether. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

I legit do not remember a thing from the Bears-Colts superbowl other than the kickoff return. 

There was a wide open Reggie Wayne, Rhodes and some other RB ran all over the Bears, Colts stopped kicking to Hester, Grossman had a bunch of turnovers.  It was ugly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

There was a wide open Reggie Wayne, Rhodes and some other RB ran all over the Bears, Colts stopped kicking to Hester, Grossman had a bunch of turnovers.  It was ugly.

I remember the Hester return and that it rained

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

I remember the Hester return

That was the 2nd kick-off return for a TD that Adam Vinatieri gave up in a Super Bowl...I don't believe any other kicker has suffered that ignominy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

That was the 2nd kick-off return for a TD that Adam Vinatieri gave up in a Super Bowl...I don't believe any other kicker has suffered that ignominy

When you get to kickoff that many times in the super bowl, those things are more likely to occur. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, squire12 said:

things are more likely to occur. 

What can you tell us about his first one ?  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×