Superb Owl Discussion Thread

MacReady

9 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Niners are going to tank next year I bet.  

Pretty tough division they reside in. Seattle and Arizona are going to be a lot better. Not sure about the Rams as Goff is done, IMO. I don't think he recovers from that horrible Super Bowl. 

Of all the stupid things I believe, I think the one that keeps winning is the fluff predictor.  Niners has so much fluff their way.  Little and the LB revenge, Shanahan and learning from his dad and all the other dozens of articles on them.  You get fluffed up before the Super Bowl and you’re losing the Super Bowl.

In 2010 the only attention we got was how it was a surprise we got there.  

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Of all the stupid things I believe, I think the one that keeps winning is the fluff predictor.  Niners has so much fluff their way.  Little and the LB revenge, Shanahan and learning from his dad and all the other dozens of articles on them.  You get fluffed up before the Super Bowl and you’re losing the Super Bowl.

In 2010 the only attention we got was how it was a surprise we got there.  

Dude you were 'fluffing them up' 3+ quarters of this game

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KManX89 said:

The State Farm commercials are gonna be really “interesting” next year, that’s for sure.

But w00t Chiefs!

Yep, I’m thinking Rodgers is moved to the sidelines.   

Really liked KC’s game plan tonight.  That pirouette by KC’s offensive backfield at the goal line was a trip.

6 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Yep, I’m thinking Rodgers is moved to the sidelines.   

Really liked KC’s game plan tonight.  That pirouette by KC’s offensive backfield at the goal line was a trip.

I think that was mostly a distraction to cover for Mahome's shift from directly behind center to offset in the formation. He moves about a yard to his right during the pivot and ends up behind the A gap instead of directly behind center. With everyone in the backfield doing the same it's not quite so obvious that he's moved.

32 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

I think that was mostly a distraction to cover for Mahome's shift from directly behind center to offset in the formation. He moves about a yard to his right during the pivot and ends up behind the A gap instead of directly behind center. With everyone in the backfield doing the same it's not quite so obvious that he's moved.

I noticed that also, and thought it was pretty clever.  The bag of tricks is wide open in the SB.

• Like 1

It really sucks that Shanahan calls plays perfectly against the Packers in championship games to keep us from coming back but then literally loses all common sense in Super Bowl games with a lead.  When it was 20-10 I thought for sure he would have learned his lesson and just keep running the ball, but noooooooo.