Super Bowl

Elky

The Niners will be back next year. The NFC looks to be on the downswing as a whole and they're easily the best-positioned team in the conference to make a Super Bowl run. 

The Chiefs will be dominant for as long as Mahomes stays healthy. He's that much of a difference-maker.

17 minutes ago, Starless said:

The Niners will be back next year. The NFC looks to be on the downswing as a whole and they're easily the best-positioned team in the conference to make a Super Bowl run. 

The Chiefs will be dominant for as long as Mahomes stays healthy. He's that much of a difference-maker.

Remember, we beat this team but for the refs 

we’ll be back next year 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mission27 said:

so...

This why you don’t trade Tom Brady to go with a younger guy

2 big turnovers 

He had 1 turnover off which the Chiefs got 3 points, and then came storming back to take a 10-point lead. The second pick was irrelevant. You're just reaching for reasons to bash the dude. He outplayed Mahomes for the majority of that game.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Starless said:

He had 1 turnover off which the Chiefs got 3 points, and then came storming back to take a 10-point lead. The second pick was irrelevant. You're just reaching for reasons to bash the dude. He outplayed Mahomes for the majority of that game.

No he didn't. You can continue to ignore that the entire 49ers offense is predicated on a masterful running scheme, and then gimmick/non-conventional plays for Kittle/Samuel to eat up YAC. When Jimmy has to drop back, improvise and actually throw the ball, this team is in trouble. The 49ers had to rely on what they've spent most of the season trying to mask yesterday. And that's Jimmy G. All the efficient scout stats you want to post up about him doesn't change the fact he folds in the face of pressure and he proved to be just that yesterday. He is the weak link on that 49ers team. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

To do it in Gillette Stadium with hulu banners across every screen in the background, in light of the attention around his impending decision, I think Kraft would feel betrayed.

Yeah I agree 

Is Brady considering options and trying to get some leverage?  Sure.  But I don’t think he would be continuing to do commercials with Kraft, hanging out with and posting social media pics with Belichick, and acknowledging he’s talked to the Patriots about a contract if he were really fed up and looking to leave... and if the relationship isn’t actually all that damaged he’s gonna stay, because they’ll figure out something from a money and football perspective that works, and it makes sense for both sides 

Doesnt mean it’s a done deal but I’m encouraged by what we’re seeing and hearing the last few days 

55 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

No he didn't. You can continue to ignore that the entire 49ers offense is predicated on a masterful running scheme, and then gimmick/non-conventional plays for Kittle/Samuel to eat up YAC. When Jimmy has to drop back, improvise and actually throw the ball, this team is in trouble. The 49ers had to rely on what they've spent most of the season trying to mask yesterday. And that's Jimmy G. All the efficient scout stats you want to post up about him doesn't change the fact he folds in the face of pressure and he proved to be just that yesterday. He is the weak link on that 49ers team. 

Yeah I sort of agree.  I’m not a Jimmy basher but he got badly outplayed in the 4th quarter yesterday to blow a 10 point lead and 94% win prob in a super bowl.  He wasn’t able to step up and make quick decisions and big throws when he needed to.  He deserves some blame.  It wasn’t all on him but it’s hard to give a guy credit when most of his big yardage comes from glorified run plays (shuffle pass) and throwing meh balls to wide open receivers and he couldn’t do anything the few times he was asked to.  It’s not a case of him not having help either, he plays in a very talented and well coached offense with dynamic weapons, he just couldn’t get it done and made some major mistakes / panicked 

Not saying he’s a bad QB but I think it underscores what a few people didn’t want to acknowledge which is Tom Brady is really special and giving up on a 3 or 5 year window with an all time transcendent champion to move on to a 26 year old is generally a bad idea, because even talented 26 year olds aren’t usually going to turn into Tom Brady or Dan Marino.  Jimmy hasn’t shown any reason for us to believe he could’ve done what Tom did in the AFCCG last year vs KC, in fact he’s shown the opposite now, and I think if Jimmy were our QB last year we don’t win that 6th Lombardi 

Starless I respect your opinion but you seem to have a pretty strong anti GOAT bias at this point for god knows what reason and I’m not going to change your mind regardless of the facts tbh