Offseason Talk:

whodatworm23

I know Rankins didn't get to play much this year and he was already recovering from a serious Achilles injury. Did anyone pay attention to him? I'm concerned that his ceiling might have shrunk with that injury and he won't make it to a second contract with us. If that's the case then that'll be really disappointing not because of draft position but because he really was showing a breakout in year 3 before his injury. Some of his highlights from that Minnesota game in 2018 were insane.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fray32 said:

I know Rankins didn't get to play much this year and he was already recovering from a serious Achilles injury. Did anyone pay attention to him? I'm concerned that his ceiling might have shrunk with that injury and he won't make it to a second contract with us. If that's the case then that'll be really disappointing not because of draft position but because he really was showing a breakout in year 3 before his injury. Some of his highlights from that Minnesota game in 2018 were insane.

This is a great question pertaining to the offseason. Rankins seemed to be headed for great things with the Saints but he just can’t seem to stay healthy and his injuries are major ones. The Saints have some major decisions to make at defensive tackle... they paid top dollar for a NT in Malcolm Brown, Rankins is a former top 15 pick headed to his 5th year option who can’t stay healthy, Onymatta is a solid rotational player who will likely find greener pastures in FA, Shy Tuttle was a great find as a UDFA but he’s more of a fit at the 1 tec. The situation becomes more complicated because this is a great interior defensive line class in the draft and the meat of the position will come off the board towards the middle to back end of round 1 where the Saints are picking.

• 1 month later...

So Nuke just went for David Johnson and a 2nd... like wtf.  I would've given up a 1st as the Saints to get Nuke since he's on a 3/39 deal... that's a steal.

Hopefully for Texans fans this is just a leak they sent out to back out of the deal and get a better offer... otherwise... wtf

3 hours ago, Raves said:

So Nuke just went for David Johnson and a 2nd... like wtf.  I would've given up a 1st as the Saints to get Nuke since he's on a 3/39 deal... that's a steal.

Hopefully for Texans fans this is just a leak they sent out to back out of the deal and get a better offer... otherwise... wtf

But sounds like he will receive an extension and raise his contract. But still a great deal for them!

3 hours ago, whodatOL said:

Rumors are out there that we already made a first offer to Jamie Collins. Davis and Collins would be an awesome duo 

Lions scooped him up. LB market drying up. I wonder if we make a push for Chris Harris tomorrow. 

48 minutes ago, Orleanz said:

Panthers have interest in Bell and Bridgewater. Lame

I mean how many of their players have we taken in the past few years?  Not too surprised a team with a need at Safety and QB would be interested in those 2.

Bridgewater seems to be a done deal for 3/60 million. Very happy for him! Do we get a 3rd round compensation pick for him even with his voiding year? If the Bucs bring in Brady, the NFC South looks loaded!

Still hope we can bring back Vonn Bell and sign a rotational guy to play the SLB position