Offseason Talk:

whodatworm23

12 minutes ago, whodatworm23 said:

True but they value corners in the first... Lattimore, P-Rob, Jenkins (was a corner at the time). The drop off after CJ in this 1st round is steep IMO.

Yeah but when we drafted them we had huge holes at corner.. right now not so much.  I think we would look elsewhere first.

9 minutes ago, Raves said:

Yeah but when we drafted them we had huge holes at corner.. right now not so much.  I think we would look elsewhere first.

Always pay attention to what this front office misses out on in FA... it’s always telling where they feel their weaknesses are. Missed out on Jamie Collins. DeMario Davis is over 30, Anzalone and Alanzo can’t stay healthy and all 3 are free agents after this season. Also missed out on Chris Harris JR as a slot corner, their not comfortable with P-Rob there despite the cost cut. Lattimore about to break the bank, Jack rabbit might only be a one year rental... need to get another talented corner on a rookie deal soon.

2 minutes ago, whodatworm23 said:

Always pay attention to what this front office misses out on in FA... it’s always telling where they feel their weaknesses are. Missed out on Jamie Collins. DeMario Davis is over 30, Anzalone and Alanzo can’t stay healthy and all 3 are free agents after this season. Also missed out on Chris Harris JR as a slot corner, their not comfortable with P-Rob there despite the cost cut. Lattimore about to break the bank, Jack rabbit might only be a one year rental... need to get another talented corner on a rookie deal soon.

Or a talented LB on a rookie deal... We could always trade up for Isaiah Simmons who has the coverage skills to stick on the field in dime packages as a slot corner, not to mention we also have CGJ who can play slot...

1 hour ago, Raves said:

Or a talented LB on a rookie deal... We could always trade up for Isaiah Simmons who has the coverage skills to stick on the field in dime packages as a slot corner, not to mention we also have CGJ who can play slot...

Peat at 5 years 57 mil 33 guaranteed

Lawd... let’s hope it was just the injuries lol

4 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

Peat at 5 years 57 mil 33 guaranteed

Lawd... let’s hope it was just the injuries lol

Holy crap! I'm guessing he had a picture of Loomis porkin' a goat, or something.
I suppose the annual isn't all that bad, but the guaranteed is a chunk.

Brian Baldinger was really high on this guy through the first 4 or 5 games last season, and I guess I trust him more than I trust my own eyes, and we've generally done well with lineman, so I'll be on board right up until I'm not, again.

5 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

I hate this so much. :(

I think another part of the thought process is that the Saints really like running behind Peats pulling ability and as they evolve into more of a running team moving fwd Peats ability becomes more and more valued.

26 minutes ago, Orleanz said:

It’s true. Love it!!! Offense looks complete time to add to the defense

I LOVE THIS ADDITION!!! Perfect compliment to MT plus veteran presence with a drop rate as good as MT. Also allows Saints to focus on defense with 24th pick and grab a young receiver later.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, whodatworm23 said:

I LOVE THIS ADDITION!!! Perfect compliment to MT plus veteran presence with a drop rate as good as MT. Also allows Saints to focus on defense with 24th pick and grab a young receiver later.

Or to trade up again for a defensive player like Simmons.  Funniest thing i read recently was someone saying Davenport has been a disappointment.  Sure he hasn't racked up the Sacks like we would like but the dude is stout in run defense and is constantly creating pressure which allows others to get the sacks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Raves said:

Or to trade up again for a defensive player like Simmons.  Funniest thing i read recently was someone saying Davenport has been a disappointment.  Sure he hasn't racked up the Sacks like we would like but the dude is stout in run defense and is constantly creating pressure which allows others to get the sacks.

That's exactly what I was thinking. If Simmons falls far enough, i wouldn't be surprised if we trade up. With the OT and WR talent in this draft, you could definitely see a guy like Simmons fall into the mid to late teens. It would potentially shore up our LBers for the next little while.

Man I love this offseason. Two of my biggest concerns (veteran leadership secondary, WR #2) have been resolved with two great options. Sanders will be awesome in our offense. No bring in another LB who can cover and a development corner to groom behind Janoris Jenkins. Would really like a scenario in which we get Queen at LB and Lamar Jackson at CB!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

There are rumors we’ve landed Emmanuel Sanders. I’ve been pounding the table sign before the trade deadline. Hope it’s true

I love this!! I was really bummed that we didn't make a strong play for him last year. This has me very excited for our offense, and especially to help save MT's body. He just can't continue to get beat up and last in this league.

11 hours ago, Raves said:

Still think combo slot/outside corner is a need for us along with a rangy linebacker... would love Simmons but would rather a combo of taking Queen or Murray at 24 then trading back into the second for a guy like Jeff Gladney or Damon Arrnette. 

However Saints might just try to outscore everyone and double down with a top receiver at 24 and move Sanders in the slot.