Offseason Talk:

whodatworm23

You know I do wonder big of a need CB is for us. Unless you get a Lattimore, most CBs take atleast a season to fully find their comfort in the NFL. With Lattimore needing a new deal next season, along with Ram, we won't be able to give out any big contracts a la Jenkins to have a suitable CB opposite him. Add in this front office's tendency to avoid LBers until later, I truly do wonder if we take a CJ Henderson/Diggs at CB and basically have them come in nickle/dime packages and soak up info behind Lattimore and Jenkins.

15 hours ago, ckoz24 said:

Does anyone know which Saints players are left that are FA’s? What is our cap space that we have left to sign?

any good sites to see this info?

I always use spotrac. Here is the link for the Saints Free Agents: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/new-orleans-saints/

Really surprised Vonn Bell is still a free agent. Hope he signs a multi year deal so we get a 3rd round comp pick for Teddy. 

Saints signed XFL CB/S Deatrick Nichols. Led the league in interceptions and was one of the best players. Likely will compete for a spot as a backup NB or in the box safety, maybe will see some play time as a special teamer. Anyone here with more information about him?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, whodatOL said:

Vonn Bell to the Bengals on a three year deal. Hope he got some serious money!

$6m per year

no idea why we couldn’t have coughed that up for him. I know his skill set isn’t unique, but he’s really solid. 

3 minutes ago, Orleanz said:

Seems like Mark Ingram all over again

To be fair, Vonn Bell’s brother passed away A few months ago and he hired a new agent shortly after that.

Bell may have just wanted a change of scenery and a fresh start after something so tragic. Can’t blame him there.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dome said:

I also don’t think Bell is as good as Ingram. More like Vaccaro all over again.

He’ll go on to be solid somewhere else, but Vonn Bell isn’t a star like Ingram. 

I’m talking strictly in terms of contracts. I think he thought he could get more on the open market. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Didn't want to start a new thread for this but hoping for some visibility:

For anyone interested, I'm taking part in an All NFL Draft on the GM Mock Drafts forum. We're going to be doing a snake style draft and building our own teams including coaches. I've done it in the past and it's been a lot of fun and helps learn about the state of talent in the league and different positions and on different teams. Disclaimer, this process usually takes about a month or so depending on the number of participants and how much people are able to stay on top of time schedules. If anyone's interested check it out!