Offseason Talk:

whodatworm23

25 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

With Klein leaving, and Anzalone being perpetually injured as he is, I wonder if we're thinking of drafting a LB in round 1. I know WR is a gaping hole after Thomas, but in a deep draft, and WRs dropping (somewhere in the middle), we could get a good one in round 3.

Or do the Saints-like thing and trade up into the second for one. Lol

Yeah but Jenkins and Williams a bit deep and CJGJ as our nickel is amazing. No bring in a solid #2 corner or get Jenkins to take a pay cut and our secondary is much improved! Hope we bring in Murray or Queen via the draft and this is maybe our best defense this decade

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Fellas, care to fill me in on Eli Apple? Just signed with the Raiders. Not expecting a whole lot.

Then your heads in the right place. 

He matches up well against a teams 3rd or 4th wave of offensive weapons. He can be really solid with a good scheme and help over the top. When he doesn’t have help he panics and becomes a penalty machine. He didn’t look good in the slot, but his big frame makes him more useful in the red zone.

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1

Just now, Dome said:

Then your heads in the right place. 

He matches up well against a teams 3rd or 4th wave of offensive weapons. He can be really solid with a good scheme and help over the top. When he doesn’t have help he panics and becomes a penalty machine. He didn’t look good in the slot, but his big frame makes him more useful in the red zone.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like he's a pretty ideal scheme fit for our D. Guess we'll see what happens.

54 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Fellas, care to fill me in on Eli Apple? Just signed with the Raiders. Not expecting a whole lot.

He's a confidence CB imo. End of last season and the first 4-5 games of this season I thought he was fine. He'll match up with 2nd or preferably 3rd options on opposition offense. He's got solid technique but still needs help over the top. The problem is, when he makes a mistake or blows a coverage, he spirals. He'll then mess up coverages constantly and whats worse is he'll take a ton of penalties.

I think if he's your 3rd or 4th CB on the roster you're fine, but anything higher and you better hope he's the weakest link in your secondary.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whodatOL said:

Yeah but Jenkins and Williams a bit deep and CJGJ as our nickel is amazing. No bring in a solid #2 corner or get Jenkins to take a pay cut and our secondary is much improved! Hope we bring in Murray or Queen via the draft and this is maybe our best defense this decade

We were the runner up for Chris Harris :(

43 minutes ago, whodatOL said:

Jenkins at 8million/year is amazing! 16 million guaranteed over 4 years. No idea why the eagles let him go. Out starting secondary looks great.

Yeah I'm happy with it as well, especially since he was on the hook for 7.5m with the Eagles, so he barely got more per year. Seems like he was really done with the culture there and wanted a fresh start. Wonder if the 4th year is voidable as I'm not sure how long he can compete at a high level for

39 minutes ago, whodatOL said:

Jenkins at 8million/year is amazing! 16 million guaranteed over 4 years. No idea why the eagles let him go. Out starting secondary looks great.

I had 8 mill per as my celing as to what id be willing to bring Bell back at. Obviously he is asking for more than that. Once Jenkins became available i knew Bells time was done here. I knew payton was gonna go get Jenkins. Hell it was payton who broke the news that we had a deal. Jenkins getting away always stung Payton so he rights that wrong. As for Bell im sad hes gonna be elsewhere but kinda figured it. Bell ia a better overall run defender but jenkins is better in coverage and a better tackler. I think CGJ also made this deal easier for the saints but NO ONE can tell me that this move wasnt done with Tom Brady in mind. Having a veteran leader and cover guy like Jenkins will pay off better vs Brady now than what Bells run defense would have. The division is changing so shall we.