What's the lesson of the Chiefs superbowl victory?

ragingraider

You need a qb who can run and pass effectively. Mahomes was looking to create. He extended plays all night long. Gotta appreciate his guts. He took some hits but still stood tall. Didn’t even flinch vs that tough sf dline. 

garapolo showed that deer in the headlights look when times got tough. 

• Like 2

Even with an all time great defensive line and pass defense, you still need a QB that can make plays when it matters to win a championship. And that we're likely never going to be able to win the division or go very far in the playoffs with Derek Carr as our quarterback. 

• Like 2

Honestly who out there is on Mahomes level? Wilson? He’s the only guy i can think of. I think most teams can win a Super Bowl with their QBs. I think the Chiefs are doing well right now because Mahomes is on a rookie contract. Let’s see how well they do if they’re stripped of talent. 

3 hours ago, Chali21 said:

Honestly who out there is on Mahomes level? Wilson? He’s the only guy i can think of. I think most teams can win a Super Bowl with their QBs. I think the Chiefs are doing well right now because Mahomes is on a rookie contract. Let’s see how well they do if they’re stripped of talent. 

Obviously finding the next Mahomes isn't very likely but having a playmaker at QB makes all the difference. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Obviously finding the next Mahomes isn't very likely but having a playmaker at QB makes all the difference. 

Exactly. We don’t have to find someone Mahomes level. Someone who can keep up. Someone smart, takes risks but smart about it, and someone who has the mobility to extend plays. Carr is extremely conservative and not mobile. I think it’s really far fetched he can compete with Mahomes with his style. 

• Like 1

That game showed you that you need a really good front 4 with difference makers. Having an elite defense is overrated cause an Elite QB will win the majority of the time because of the way the rules are now. Stack the front 4 and get you a QB who can make plays. 

• Like 1

The lesson is that you need to have a top tier QB. No matter What have on your roster, if you don't have a top tier QB you can't win a super bowl

Super bowls have either been won by a rookie scale QB or a Hall of famer type. Last players to buck that trend was Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson. Eagles had Wentz, but built deep team without spending on QB

Edited by bucksavage1

I will say this , officiating in this game seemed heavily slanted. don't think the queefs were called for holding 1 flippin time against that d-line? what a joke, I came  outta my seat for sure once when I saw not 1 but 2 chef lineman holding d buckner. and some of the penalties were at very oddly key moments. mahomes played good (news flash: HES SUPPOSED TO!) but he wasn't all world. garropolo definitely was shaky. KC`s defense to me was the biggest difference in the postseason period, they played well when they needed to. I will never argue about the value of a super star qb….that's a fools argument. the last 20 yrs have been dominated by all star qbs hello? especially on the afc side. Brady,Manning,and big ben mostly.

• Like 1