What's the lesson of the Chiefs superbowl victory?

ragingraider

Play calling was suspect too. I think the Niners could have won last night but put the ball in Jimmy Gs hands. It’s not like the Chiefs where shutting down the running game. These Super Bowls all seem to end with 4 straight passes when they have strong running games. It’s a Shanahan thing to air it out in those situations he should have been better in clock management. 

Mahomes is really good, has all world ability. But lets not act like he wasnt missing throws all night. And those big plays late, those WRs were wide open. 

We need more team speed. KC is always a threat to score, because they have speed on speed. We need speed to keep up on offense and defense. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Mahomes is really good, has all world ability. But lets not act like he wasnt missing throws all night. And those big plays late, those WRs were wide open. 

We need more team speed. KC is always a threat to score, because they have speed on speed. We need speed to keep up on offense and defense. 

You need fast football players. We’ve all seen what happens when you get guys who are fast but have stone hands. Jett, Heyward-Bey etc. all guys who can win a track meet but they could catch a cold. 

To be honest the Niners don’t have a pass catcher who can be a playmaker outside of Kittle. Sanders is good but he’s not a #1 anymore and hasn’t been for awhile. They need anothe big time player on the outside. 

The patriots don’t really have speed they have guys who can get open and they take long methodical marches down the field. 

On 03/02/2020 at 4:59 AM, ragingraider said:

I'm curious to know what everyone took from the Chief's victory.

1). That the NFL is wide open, there are a number of very good teams but the Pats are not going to be the force they once were (though they should still be good). Should be very interesting moving forward........

2). That coaching is so important, I hate that the Chiefs won but Andy Reid deserves his ring at last. It’s not just what you call it’s when you call it and how you manage the situation.

3). From the Raiders perspective, I’m very optimistic. With a few good FA moves and another good draft I think we’ll be right in the mix. There are no teams we should fear right now, all are very beatable. 😀😀

• Like 5

On 2/5/2020 at 3:50 PM, Darbsk said:

3). From the Raiders perspective, I’m very optimistic. With a few good FA moves and another good draft I think we’ll be right in the mix. There are no teams we should fear right now, all are very beatable. 😀😀

This 100%. We had a ton of holes this year, but still managed to hang with the Chiefs for most of our games (minus that ridiculous meltdown that built an insurmountable lead in like 5 minutes).