Jimmy G is a bum and over rated

Vladimir L

He's in an amazing situation with the 49ers and has Godly coaching and he's still not that good.  You could put a guy like Marcus Mariota with Shanny + those offensive weapons + that team in general and they'd do the exact same thing as they're doing now. 

Almost any starting QB in the entire NFL could have done what he did this entire postseason run.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

He's proof that as long as you are good looking, you can have a good life, whether it's making money or pretending to be a quarterback. Trubisky too, can you believe they chose him over Mahomes or Watson? Lmao.

Trubisky is nowhere close to as good looking as Jimmy G.

This was his first year starting after a bad knee injury. He played great at times and bad at others, all within the same game. 

He needs to work on his pocket awareness and consistency with his mechanics. 

Just because he had a bad 4th quarter doesn't mean he's a bad player. He is fine for our system and has a reasonable contract. He's well liked on the team. His ceiling isn't super high, but he has won a lot of games and has room for improvement. 

We can cut him and have zero dead money. If we do, who does everyone think we should sign?? Hes our QB for the next 2 years at minimum I would say 

I just don't see an upgrade out there to be had. Brady I guess but I just can't believe that would happen and not a move I would make if I'm lynch and Kyle. 

• Like 4