Jimmy G is a bum and over rated

Vladimir L

This thread is still going, huh?  

Honestly, only people Ive seen overrate Jimmy have been CERTAIN Patriots and 49ers fans.  He is largely considered a merely good QB, and he is that.

Overpaid?  Absolutely, and if people are using that to claim he is overrated, I get it.  But, by in large, I dont think he is considered to be better than he is.

And since the SB and playoffs in general, I think he is now closer to being UNDERrated.  This thread is exhibit A.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

This thread is still going, huh?  

Honestly, only people Ive seen overrate Jimmy have been CERTAIN Patriots and 49ers fans.  He is largely considered a merely good QB, and he is that.

Overpaid?  Absolutely, and if people are using that to claim he is overrated, I get it.  But, by in large, I dont think he is considered to be better than he is.

And since the SB and playoffs in general, I think he is now closer to being UNDERrated.  This thread is exhibit A.

And people act like he's 39 years old, dude is 27 and can still grow and improve lol. Alex Smith didn't have his "breakout" season until he was 28.

• Like 2

Peyton Manning was a hideous Super Bowl QB. He ended a game with a pick 6.

He had another vs Seattle.

He averaged a net 12 points in 4 Super Bowls.

Jimmy G is way better than Peyton as far as the big game goes. Too bad he did not get Rex or Cam on the other team.

Should Denver have passed on him because some people laughed at his play vs the Saints?

Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 1

On 2/6/2020 at 10:40 AM, ET80 said:

This. All of this, in all of its glory.

Let's just do this real quick.

QBs I take over Jimmy G, without a 2nd thought right now.

(No real order) (13)
Dak Prescott
Carson Wentz
LaMar Jackson
Ben Roethlisberger
Matthew Stafford
Aaron Rodgers
Kirk Cousins
DeShaun Watson
Ryan Tannehill
Matt Ryan
Drew Brees
Patrick Mahomes
Russell Wilson

QBs I lump him somewhere in with (8)
Jared Goff
Josh Allen
Baker Mayfield
Sam Darnold
Phillip Rivers*
Derek Carr
Cam Newton*
Tom Brady*

Rookies who could pass him next season (4)
Minshew
Daniel Jones
Kyler Murray
Drew Lock

So I have him anywhere between 14-22 Though those 4 rookies could also push him further down next year if they develop.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Danger said:

So I have him anywhere between 14-22

And I don't think anyone would argue it. Maybe a 13 spot if you're not sure on how Ben returns or how Cousins does - but for all intents and purposes, we're all in agreement. 

Calling him a "bum" would indicate he's in the 25-32 range - which he isn't.

Ergo, he's falling into the "underrated" category. And - if we're being honest - this is all a product of a bad 4th quarter.

On 2/6/2020 at 7:17 PM, HTTRDynasty said:

This graph makes me sad about how great our 2016 season was. Matt was superhuman that year.

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Ergo, he's falling into the "underrated" category. And - if we're being honest - this is all a product of a bad 4th quarter.

The internet seems to have warped people's perceptions. Imagine if the internet was a thing in the 80's - how much would people dunk on Elway for being garbage in his Super Bowls?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

And I don't think anyone would argue it. Maybe a 13 spot if you're not sure on how Ben returns or how Cousins does - but for all intents and purposes, we're all in agreement. 

Calling him a "bum" would indicate he's in the 25-32 range - which he isn't.

That pick was just as bad as his 4th quarter. Just a dreadful pass.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

That pick was just as bad as his 4th quarter. Just a dreadful pass.

I think any QB in that 11-20 range has a throw like that a game - just a pass that makes you scratch your head and wonder what they we're thinking. I'm not going to crucify an 11-20 guy on that body of work - it's what's expected, it's why they're not in the 1-10 discussion.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2020 at 8:16 AM, Kirill said:

Can we give the Chiefs defense some credit? No? Okay.

i dont think the chiefs defense did much to stop the 49ers at all the 49ers were running 7 yards a carry on them and the head coach up 10 in the 4th throws the ball  almost every play in those two series the 49ers had to extend the lead .   also jimmy g  missed wide open throws all game a good QB would of smoked that defense .

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Peyton Manning was a hideous Super Bowl QB. He ended a game with a pick 6.

He had another vs Seattle.

He averaged a net 12 points in 4 Super Bowls.

Jimmy G is way better than Peyton as far as the big game goes. Too bad he did not get Rex or Cam on the other team.

Should Denver have passed on him because some people laughed at his play vs the Saints?

he played a solid game vs the saints 333 yards passing is not bad  he had one bad play but was ten yards away from tying the game up .  the seattle game the whole team stunk the center chunked the ball ten yards over mannings head for a saftey the wrs got manhandled couldnt get open the whole game and the line got dominated from start to finish .

offense scored 17 vs panthers 7 from fumble play 

17 vs saints

29 vs bears

8 vs seahawks that doesnt equal 12 point average and manning was a 4 time mvp when denver signed him every year would win 12 plus games and be number one in all QB stats every year could of won the mvp  .   do not put jimmy g in the same sentence .  jimmy g got carried by the run game all year throwing under 4 thousand yards in the year 2019 with average Qbs throwing over 4000 yards .