Ramsfan24 2020 Mock Draft

RamsFan24

Happy New Years Ram Family, it's a new year, the 49ers Just lost the Super Bowl, all is well with the world, lol. I wanted to do a mock where the Rams once again make some bold and aggressive moves in the draft and off season to get better.

Cut

S Eric Weddle

I love his veteran presence and knowledge but it's time for the John Johnson and Taylor Rapp show to begin.

Re-sign

K Greg Zuerlein

OT Andrew Whitworth

OLB Dante Fowler Jr. (Franchise Tag)

DL Morgan Fox

Free Agency

OLB- Vic Beasley

The Rams take a chance on an very talented but inconsistent player. This would give Beasley more 1 on 1 opportunities because of Aaron Donald and Clay Matthews bringing the heat.

Trades

( I might of Borrowed some of Jrry32 Trades, they just made since, thank you, lol)

Rams trade OLB Dante Fowler Jr.

Dolphins trade Round 2 Pick #24 and a 2021 Round 4 Pick

The Dolphins need playmakers in a bad way and they have lots of money to spend. Fowler just priced his way right out of the Rams budget.

Rams trade 2: Round 2 Pick #20, Round 3 Pick #20 and Round 4 Pick # 152

Cleveland trade: Round 2 Pick #9

Rams trade 3: Round 2 Pick #24 and Round 4 Pick #20

Les Snead in Front Office isn't playing with trying to get the best talent. With jumping up we get a very explosive talent at a position of need now.

Redskins trade: Round 3 Pick #2, Round 4 Pick #2, and Round 5 Pick #2

We trade down with the Redskins to recoup some of the picks that we just lost in the trade up.

Draft

2 (9) Raekwon Davis-DT, Alabama

The Rams jump up in the draft to grab the very disruptive Raekwon. Davis is an excellent run stuffer with excellent lateral quickness in the middle. He would be the perfect replacement for Michael Brockers and a great fit next to Aaron Donald. Davis has 1st Round talent, but we get a steal here in the second because he missed some time this year.

3.(2) Matt Hennessy-OC, Temple

The Rams decided it's time to invest in building a strong interior online. Matt had an very strong season for Temple. He also is versatile as he has played guard also. This is another big hole filled for the Rams.

4.(2)  Evan Weaver-ILB, California

I Absolutely love this kid, Evan is a Freaking Tackling Machine. He plays with a Mean Streak, has great awareness and pulls hisself of of blocks well. This well be on of the steal of the Drafts.

5 (2) Daryl Williams-C/G, Mississippi St. 

The Rams aren't playing with Beefing up the interior line. Daryl played very well for the Bull Dogs as a guard and even better as a Center. He will come in and compete for playing time as well as give us another nice rotational peice for the Rams.

5 (152) (Peters Comp) Shaquille Quarterman-ILB, Miami 

This is another kid that I really like. Shaquille made sure his presence in the middle was felt for Miami. He is a strong hard hitting linebacker that also plays with a nasty streak. I love how he gets off the blocks and just recks plays. He can be a very nice 2 down backer for us. His Coverage skills needs a little improvement. 

6 (20) Charles Heck-OT, North Carolina

The Rams are trippling down on versatile offensive linemen. Charles played well as the left tackle. He would come in and learn behide Whitworth. Heck gives us another option to rotate. 

7 (20) Josh Metellus-S, Michigan

Metellus was a very solid leader and playmaking safety in college. Josh would come in as a special teamer. He could end up being a Marqui Christian replacement. 

Projected Starters

QB: Jared Goff

HB: Todd Gurley

WR: Brandin Cooks

WR: Robert Woods

WR: Cooper Kupp

TE: Tyler Higbee

LT: Andrew Whitworth

LG: Bobby Evans / Joseph Notebloom

C: Matt Hennessy

RG: David Edwards

RT: Rob Havenstein

SDE: Raekwon Davis

NT: Sebastian Joseph-Day / Greg Gaines

UT: Aaron Donald

OLB: Clay Matthews

ILB: Micah Kiser / Shaquille Quarterman 

ILB: Evan Wheeler

OLB: Zic Beasley 

LCB: Jalen Ramsey

RCB: Troy Hill

SLCB: Nikel Robey-Coleman / David Long Jr.

FS: John Johnson III

SS: Taylor Rapp

K: Greg Zuerlein

P: Johnny Hekker

LS: Jake McQuaide

Edited by RamsFan24
  • Like 1

Few things I see but the biggest is we won't get a comp pick for Marcus Peters. Also there's the thought we got a 5th for him from Baltimore but it looks like that was traded to Miami along with Talib. Those also are a lot of very ambitious trades that benefit us a lot which is hard to do. Applaud the effort but not sure how realistic all those trades are and yes I realize nobody trades on draft day more than Les. 

Edited by NVRamsFan

6 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Few things I see but the biggest is we won't get a comp pick for Marcus Peters. Also there's the thought we got a 5th for him from Baltimore but it looks like that was traded to Miami along with Talib. Those also are a lot of very ambitious trades that benefit us a lot which is hard to do. Applaud the effort but not sure how realistic all those trades are and yes I realize nobody trades on draft day more than Les. 

Hey NvRamsfan, thanks for the response. Yeah I was hoping that we get that extra pick in the 5th, lol. I wanted to do something a little different but also be very aggressive. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

I don't like Beasley at all and think he'd be a terrible fit.

I am a fan of the players drafted though. We have a solid secondary and just need to bolster the front 7 and OL. Although I like Davis, I think I'd rather keep the picks than move up for him. 

Thanks for the response man, I was a big fan of Beasley in College. In the pros he had that big 16 sack year, then a bunch of average years into 2019 with 8 sacks. I feel like if we took a chance with an then underperforming Fowler, then we should be able to do the same with Beasley. I wanted to put a person like Everson Griffin in Vic spot but I think he would of demaded more 

I totally understand, but I just Davis is an about monster in the middle. I just feel like he will be the extra force to Offenses problems. 

It's hard to argue with it. The trades seem reasonable. I like the players you drafted. My only two real critiques would be on Beasley and Davis. Do you see Davis having a lot of pass rush potential? Because that's a lot to give up for a guy who is primarily a run stuffer. On Beasley, my concern would be somebody overpaying him based on potential he hasn't really flashed in a few years. But I understand the move. There's certainly upside to it.

EDIT: Also want to say that Hennessy and Williams would be two really nice additions to the OL. Hennessy has the potential to be an elite Center imo. And Williams is just a very solid all around interior OL. Could play Center or Guard. Won't be elite, but he's the sort of guy who could play for a long time in the NFL as a glue piece on the OL. Think of Ben Jones.

Edited by jrry32
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, jrry32 said:

It's hard to argue with it. The trades seem reasonable. I like the players you drafted. My only two real critiques would be on Beasley and Davis. Do you see Davis having a lot of pass rush potential? Because that's a lot to give up for a guy who is primarily a run stuffer. On Beasley, my concern would be somebody overpaying him based on potential he hasn't really flashed in a few years. But I understand the move. There's certainly upside to it.

EDIT: Also want to say that Hennessy and Williams would be two really nice additions to the OL. Hennessy has the potential to be an elite Center imo. And Williams is just a very solid all around interior OL. Could play Center or Guard. Won't be elite, but he's the sort of guy who could play for a long time in the NFL as a glue piece on the OL. Think of Ben Jones.

Hey Jrry32, thanks for the response man. I really do like Davis. He kind of remind me of a thinker Brokers coming out. Davis just seems to have a nice first step and is country strong. I really think he could possibly put up a better rushes than what we did get out of Brockers. Now I 100% agree with Beasley also. Hopefully we could grab him with the same plan that we did with Fowler. So Vic could come in and show some consistency so that he can get paid down the road. Beasley working across Matthews and having AD in the middle would do wonders in his development. 

• Like 1