General off-season discussion/plan thread

N4L

Does anyone think we could possibly restructure McKinnion’s contract (or release him)? Clearly his injuries are concerning and he hasn’t taken one snap for us in the Reg season. I’m curious to see who will be our starter next year. It has to be Mostert, right?! I know Breida is a restricted FA if memory serves me right and do we keep Coleman for depth or do we go after someone in FA?

Matt Miller thinks we should go after Swift in the draft, but I doubt we would take a back in the first knowing we have more pressing needs. 

12 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Does anyone think we could possibly restructure McKinnion’s contract (or release him)? Clearly his injuries are concerning and he hasn’t taken one snap for us in the Reg season. I’m curious to see who will be our starter next year. It has to be Mostert, right?! I know Breida is a restricted FA if memory serves me right and do we keep Coleman for depth or do we go after someone in FA?

Matt Miller thinks we should go after Swift in the draft, but I doubt we would take a back in the first knowing we have more pressing needs. 

I think we renegotiate with McKinnons contract, its a risk, but I think Shanny is still licking his chops at what he could potentially do with McKinnon in the line up, and from the sound of it, it sounds like McKinnon would be willing to do so.

His spot will definitely come at the cost of losing Breida or Coleman...most likely Coleman due to his price tag.

I can see them taking a shot at a late round RB, but I dont think its a priority, especially with what our running game did last season with what we have on the existing roster. I mean, beside Breida's late season fumbles, all these running back have produced very well. When one doesnt, it seems like another picks it up.

On 2/7/2020 at 6:25 PM, StevenK said:

I'd straight cut McKinnon, take what we save and throw it AA's way.

Can't get healthy and won't stay healthy even if he does. Shanny can't do anything with him if he's on the sideline.

Mostert , Breida , Wilson JR and add a late pick / cheap fa for depth.

I'd like to see more of Wilson JR, seems like whenever he gets the chance he makes plays.

6 hours ago, DTMW78 said:

I'd straight cut McKinnon, take what we save and throw it AA's way.

Can't get healthy and won't stay healthy even if he does. Shanny can't do anything with him if he's on the sideline.

Mostert , Breida , Wilson JR and add a late pick / cheap fa for depth.

I'd like to see more of Wilson JR, seems like whenever he gets the chance he makes plays.

Hard to argue with it. Save 9-10 mil on the cap between Coleman and JMcK. 

Still have Mostert, Breida, and Wilson... bring in a late or UDFA and that is still a good group of RBs. 

:/