General off-season discussion/plan thread

N4L

9 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Scenario for you guys. Would you tag Armstead and let him hit the market next year or tag him and pick up a high 2nd rounder in this year's draft? Then we can either package our picks in moving up for a stud pass rusher or pick one up with one of our two high picks??

I wouldn't hate it if the niners tag and traded AA for a 2nd. It would be a very similar situation as Dee Ford last year. But, I'm not a fan of trading up for a pass rusher. I'd rather move up and try to snag Tee Higgins, Henry Ruggs, or by some miracle, CeeDee Lamb. Now, if we trade up and Chaisson is still on the board, I'd strongly consider it. But getting one of those WR's would be a huge get for the future of our offense.

10 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I wouldn't hate it if the niners tag and traded AA for a 2nd. It would be a very similar situation as Dee Ford last year. But, I'm not a fan of trading up for a pass rusher. I'd rather move up and try to snag Tee Higgins, Henry Ruggs, or by some miracle, CeeDee Lamb. Now, if we trade up and Chaisson is still on the board, I'd strongly consider it. But getting one of those WR's would be a huge get for the future of our offense.

Looking at the Dolphins having three first round picks, if they want AA badly, we may be able to get their late 1st rounder.

I'm meh on trading up for WRs to be honest. But wouldn't hate it if that WR is Lamb or Ruggs or Jeudy. We don't even need to trade up for a pass rusher, can get one with one of our first rounders if we are able to trade AA for the 26th pick. 

39 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Looking at the Dolphins having three first round picks, if they want AA badly, we may be able to get their late 1st rounder.

I'm meh on trading up for WRs to be honest. But wouldn't hate it if that WR is Lamb or Ruggs or Jeudy. We don't even need to trade up for a pass rusher, can get one with one of our first rounders if we are able to trade AA for the 26th pick. 

If Miami is willing to part with a 1st for AA, I'm sold. As for WR or EDGE, I feel any of Higgins, Ruggs, Lamb, or Jeudy have a higher chance of being an impact player than Chaisson, Gross-Mateos, or Epenesa. 

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 10:07 PM, dan77733 said:

Adding $10m in cap room withe restructure of Kwon's contract is great but will that affect future seasons or was that added to the 2019 season? Don't like the idea of moving Sherman to FS. If anything, I would release Sherman before moving him to FS. Why do some here want to let Ward go? I don't understand that. If anything, the team should release Sherman and re-sign Ward.

Ward is replaceable, while he has been very, very, very good, the Niners have Moore and he appears to be more suited to replace than Spoon does at the moment. Moore is a play making FS that has insane range, but needs to work on his angles and decision making. Easier to pair him with Tartt who knows how to get guys in position versus replacing Sherm, the virtual heartbeat of the defense and his knowledge with Spoon or any other DB.

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 8:02 AM, DTMW78 said:

So we cut Coleman who actually played and contributed to the success we had this year and keep the guy who watched it all from the side? 

Makes no sense imo, restructure or not.

You keep McKinnon on the restructure which in theory would be the vet minimum with incentives based on snaps, games played and production. He is by far the best pass catcher out of the backfield, which is something this team lacked this season. Give him a chance to see what he can do on the field. It's not like he went out there trying to blow his knee out. Breida cant keep his ankles together and Mostert until this season has had injury issues as well. Both have also had their fair share of fumbling problems at times. Keeps you deep and provides the HR threat. Not hard to understand why you would want to keep him around.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If they can trade up and get Jeudy I would light my house on fire. Dude is unbelievably good. A lot of talk about him being the best WR prospect since Julio.....I'm also a big fan of Laviska Shenault. I think he could be so dynamic in this offense

3 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I'm out on Green if his price is any thing close to that. With Kyle and Jimmy with a full off-season together I have faith we can add another starter wr without breaking the bank. 

1 hour ago, clarkfn2284 said:

If they can trade up and get Jeudy I would light my house on fire. Dude is unbelievably good. A lot of talk about him being the best WR prospect since Julio.....I'm also a big fan of Laviska Shenault. I think he could be so dynamic in this offense

Jeudy is great no doubt. Think Ruggs in this offense would be awesome as well. A true take the top off the defense type of WR who at the same time is a willing blocker which you need to be in this offense. 

29 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Jeudy is great no doubt. Think Ruggs in this offense would be awesome as well. A true take the top off the defense type of WR who at the same time is a willing blocker which you need to be in this offense. 

I love, love, love the idea of Ruggs in this offense

4 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

I think this is the kind of deal Ward would be looking at. Clark is getting $6.3 mil a year on average and I'm thinking Ward's AAV will be around $7 mil.  

Still let him hit the open market. If he can get that more power to him.