General off-season discussion/plan thread

N4L

Looks like there is a good chance Vernon gets released. IF we end up tagging and trading Armstead, I wouldn't mind signing Vernon to a one or two year deal. Then also re-sign Blair and hope he gets healthy by the start of the regular season. DL would once again be deep and loaded. 

8 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Looks like there is a good chance Vernon gets released. IF we end up tagging and trading Armstead, I wouldn't mind signing Vernon to a one or two year deal. Then also re-sign Blair and hope he gets healthy by the start of the regular season. DL would once again be deep and loaded. 

We really need to hit on a couple of high quality, buy low guys 

Is it just me, or do the offseason events seem to be happening a little later? I could have sworn the combine is usually mid-Feb, FA is early March, etc. This year its late Feb, mid March. 

We'll probably hear a lot of rumours at the combine, a lot of tampering goes on with all the FO/Coaches/Agents all huddled in one spot. 

6 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

Is it just me, or do the offseason events seem to be happening a little later? I could have sworn the combine is usually mid-Feb, FA is early March, etc. This year its late Feb, mid March. 

We'll probably hear a lot of rumours at the combine, a lot of tampering goes on with all the FO/Coaches/Agents all huddled in one spot. 

The did move the combine a couple of years ago I believe to kind of balance out the offseason

11 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

Yeah, they pushed a lot of stuff over the years. The last three weeks before the draft is still particularly brutal in my opinion

38 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

He's talking about Ward....not that I'm surprised.

Yeah, I can definitely see that if he cashes out elsewhere. Moore was one of the best defenders on the team during training camp and was groomed to take over at FS so Ward can be on the outs. If he just settles for a one year deal to get more next year when the cap rises? Then obviously would love to bring him back.