General off-season discussion/plan thread

N4L

Clearly that's never going to happen. Honestly don't think there is anything they would offer us that would make it worth our while. Dude will be 36 at the beginning of the season and I highly doubt Cleveland would offer us anything substantial. All we would really get is to be free of his cap number and lose the blindside tackle on a team that just went to the superbowl. They'd really have to offer something crazy, and at that point I'm fairly confident Joe would just retire. 

Edited by Gore Whore 21

11 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Probably made up lol

Would be cold blooded and not sure Joe would even report to the Browns...But give us your 2nd rounder and we will think about it lol. Though losing Buckner AND Staley in offseason would be bad for the team and locker room in general.

So with OTAs pretty much likely to be  canceled and with only training camp being taken place in the offseason, those teams that are bringing back continuity have a big advantage at the start of the season. We pretty much are bringing every starter back minus a few. 

• Like 1

Listening to Maiocoo's podcast, he said Shanny just loves McKinnon's ability on choice routes and wants to give him a shot. Doesn't think the team will re-sign Sanders or any WR for a decent sized contract since the draft is so deep at WR. But will Sanders even cost more than 5-7M per season at this point? 

15 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Listening to Maiocoo's podcast, he said Shanny just loves McKinnon's ability on choice routes and wants to give him a shot. Doesn't think the team will re-sign Sanders or any WR for a decent sized contract since the draft is so deep at WR. But will Sanders even cost more than 5-7M per season at this point? 

This is nothing but I told u so. Wants to show us he was right all along about him. Dude hasn't been live since 1/21/2018. 

18 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I think he'll get between 7-10. He's still a good #2. His speed just isn't what it used to be. And I think they noticed it too.

My guess is that hey may be looking for something around 3 years $31-33 mil.

that same twitter account that said the browns are checking in on Staley also said sanders will be back with the niners. Not sure I trust that source.

31 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I think he'll get between 7-10. He's still a good #2. His speed just isn't what it used to be. And I think they noticed it too.

He's still a good player no doubt, but he will be Cowboys #3 WR behind Cooper/Gallup. Paying 10M to your #3 WR? I don't know about that. Now, maybe the Saints/Packers give him that? Possible, but doubtful. 7-8M is a good number for him. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY

Would absolutely trade Staley for the Browns 2nd rounder (#41) or I would trade #31 and Staley for #10. Then, trade up for the best or second best LT and you have a young rookie for 5 years under a cheap rookie deal. Would absolutely do this because Staley will be gone eventually and if the team can get even #41 for him, you take it, period.

I gave Joe a hard time for a few weeks of this past season, but I think it was more injury related, and would now be resistant to trading him for anything short of top 15 pick value. 

fans dream of stockpiling young talent to develop for a decade+..

but more than this, we are SO DAMN CLOSE... I want that #6. 

Losing Joe right now would only serve to lessen our current chance at this objective, imho.

• Like 2