General off-season discussion/plan thread

N4L

2 hours ago, dan77733 said:

Would absolutely trade Staley for the Browns 2nd rounder (#41) or I would trade #31 and Staley for #10. Then, trade up for the best or second best LT and you have a young rookie for 5 years under a cheap rookie deal. Would absolutely do this because Staley will be gone eventually and if the team can get even #41 for him, you take it, period.

Browns aren't giving that much to a guy who has one season, MAYBE two left in him. 

• Like 1

Still some decent DTs And CBs available out there. Wouldn’t be surprised to see us throw some small contracts at a couple for one year and see if we can’t find some immediate depth with little financial commitment. 

DT - Suh, Shelby Harris, Snacks Harrison, Mike Daniels, Timmy Jernigan, Dontari Poe, Marcelo Dareus

CB - Xavier Rhodes, Trumaine Johnson, Rashaan Melvin, Bashaud Breeland, Daryl Worley, Ross Cockrell, Ronald Darby, Arthur Burns, Talib, Jimmy Smith, Prince Amukamara

Just now, NcFinest9erFan said:

Here's an interesting name for next year. Cooper Kupp? I HIGHLY doubt the rams can afford to resign him since they are in salary cap hell for the next few years.

They didn't throw to him in the second half of the season last year either... I think after this draft our receiver group would be pretty full but who knows

2 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I'm very surprised by the quiet market, though Tate may have waited a bit to sign last year as well. But I have no idea why teams like the Saints, Patriots and Ravens aren't in on him. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I honestly don't know why we didn't keep him at RG after person got hurt? maybe Kyle thought he was more important as a backup?

I said it multiple times before the Superbowl. I wanted brunskill at RG. Chris Jones was a horrible matchup for person. 

I'm not gonna say that decision cost us a Superbowl, but goddamn Chris Jones batting three passes in the fourth quarter cost us the Superbowl

Now I'm angry again 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm very surprised by the quiet market, though Tate may have waited a bit to sign last year as well. But I have no idea why teams like the Saints, Patriots and Ravens aren't in on him. 

Because this is the deepest WR draft in history 

3 minutes ago, N4L said:

Because this is the deepest WR draft in history 

IF we do sign Sanders back and draft a WR early on, who is the odd man out? Sanders, Samuel, Taylor, Hurd, Bourne, Pettis, James draft pick....i dont see us carrying 8 wr's....gotta think James and Pettis, unless Hurd or Taylor have a set back.

1 minute ago, P_locniners said:

IF we do sign Sanders back and draft a WR early on, who is the odd man out? Sanders, Samuel, Taylor, Hurd, Bourne, Pettis, James draft pick....i dont see us carrying 8 wr's....gotta think James and Pettis, unless Hurd or Taylor have a set back.

Injuries always happen. My guess James would be gone. I also don't think we sign sanders back.

5 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

I've already stated before that I don't think Richie James is back. He's a meh returner and the team simply won't use him as a receiver. The fact that we went with basically 3 receivers down the stretch rather than give him honest looks at the position tells me what I need to know there. 

Pettis could absolutely be kicked out if he struggles. This is when the bills moved on from Zay Jones, who was largely considered a bust from almost the start and still had a better start to his career I Think. Given that Pettis could return actual value with regards to a trade (5th round pick or change of scenery player return), I could definitely see that happen. 

You're also still forgetting Goodwin, who is somehow still on the roster LOL. 

Taylor could also be gone if you consider the work that Bourne did last year on third down. Bourne is a better red zone threat, has more diversity in the receiving game.