General off-season discussion/plan thread

N4L

2 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

We weren’t willing to give him $8 mil a year?? 

Not with the deepest WR draft class maybe ever. I said before, when he wasn't one of the first to resign, I figured he wasn't a priority. We clearly had guys like AA and Ward as priorities. Those guys were taken care of fairly quickly. I think they saw enough of Sanders to feel like he didn't really move the needle enough going forward. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Not with the deepest WR draft class maybe ever. I said before, when he wasn't one of the first to resign, I figured he wasn't a priority. We clearly had guys like AA and Ward as priorities. Those guys were taken care of fairly quickly. I think they saw enough of Sanders to feel like he didn't really move the needle enough going forward. 

Sanders was really solid for us and helped take the offense to another level but it didn't make sense giving him 8-9M a season when he is going to be 34 years old and this draft has so many WRs. And obviously we can still make a move for OBJ, but even if we don't we will have a shot at a day 1 contributor at WR in the first round. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'd give up #31 no problem and then take Wirfs at #13. That's the dream scenario for me. Lawd the offense will be unstoppable and dropping 35+ a game. 

I think in the end, I'd give up 31 for him, but I'm not going to love it. I have serious concerns about OBJ, to be honest. I mentioned on the podcast that I would have been more willing to give up 31 as part of a deal for Diggs than I would OBJ. 

Just now, Forge said:

I think in the end, I'd give up 31 for him, but I'm not going to love it. I have serious concerns about OBJ, to be honest. I mentioned on the podcast that I would have been more willing to give up 31 as part of a deal for Diggs than I would OBJ. 

Not sure if I agree with that. Don't get me wrong, wouldn't have minded Diggs AT ALL, but OBJ is on another level. And he's going to kill it in this season with those slant and post routes. Last year he obviously wasn't very good but was playing hurt....and that is a legitimate concern as he has been hurt the last few years. Didn't miss a game last season though and the season prior averaged 88 YPG. He's a special WR and I think Shanny has wanted him badly for some time and gets it done if the Browns bite at the #31 pick.